VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Maybe it depends also on settings, because some user have problems and other not. I have no problems, but I don't use some of the features like sound rediretion etc.

Maybe it helps if some user with the 10% problem compare their VAICOM settings to find a match.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I am isntalling back from zero all again. If this doesn't work, I am going to be very very upset.

You are very brave! Good luck! Please Japo32 if you get it work can you upload the modified/updated files? Maybe we can use them and fix things. Really don't want to reinstall all. Gracias!

Ok.. I discovered what was wrong..... (I hate programmers).

My DCS configuration is a little odd. I have Open Beta, but I don't remember what I did, so everytime I remove the config folder for DCS in Saved Games it creates an DCS folder but not DCS.openbeta.

So I believed that the vaicom script export.lua and other files should be inside the DCS one and not DCS.openbeta even my version was an open beta one.

So I just didn't click in the OB tick for the search path of DCS.

That is the reason I had this line:

local Lenta = require('lentaMessages')

because if you press the OB tick area it doesn't generate the same gameMessages.lua of course to maintain compatibility with those poeple that don't use the open beta.

What I didn't know is even Vaicom generates a DCS.openbeta folder I don't need to move the content to my DCS saved games folder. It can stay there.

All confusion comes because there are other script generated files in the main script folder of where is installed DCS... and that is the reason it wasn't working.

It was said to me to click the OB before, BUT, because my odd configuration in saved games folder it didn't work (I clicked but didn't work, don't know why. Maybe I needed to reset the LUA that time)

Hope this can help other people...

Thanks Japo32 for the tips!

Here I was in the same situation. Before VAICOM didn't have problems with the open beta I have here (without the "DCS.openbeta" folder at save games) so I did this configuration and finally all works fine.

Here I post pics of all my settings screens. Hope it helps to others with the same situation.

https://imgur.com/a/Ded3kVD

Please check the final pic / note there. I have to select "OB" there at "Config" tab. Strange cos I'm with STEAM version OB and there says "do not select for steam" but after selecting it finally works. It will stay like that!

Good luck all! Now I will do a full backup. Don't want any 10% again hehe

Japo (and others)

Really glad you got it working :thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks to everyone here for all the comments! Particularly Japo for posting the files. I had the 10% bug, but I was finally able to piece together what seems to work for me. I run the Steam version that updated to 2.5.6 yesterday.

Never had to do this before, but on the VAICOM config screen I had to:

1) Check "Use custom DCS path" and point it to my Steam install

2) Check "ob"

Doing a little testing I found that unchecking EITHER option resulted in the "bad" version of gameMessages.lua and the 10% hang. But with both options specified, it left gameMessages.lua alone and the game loads fine. :dunno:

Now to figure out which VR shaders I can (should?) actually use with the update!

ColdFront_WI

Home-built Hornet pit, detailed plans available on GitHub

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers to everyone for the tips, especially Japo. I run standalone

and use Vaicom with AIRIO, have done without issue for ages.

Updated to 2.5.6 and got the 10% bug. Tried everything I could with lua, export files etc.

Using the custom path and checking the OB box now let's me load in to DCS, however when I try using Vaicom the commands are registered by VA, however I am just informed the unit is not available... this applies to all commands, including AIRIO.

Anyone else had this?

Edited by Skilgannon506

Does it show as recognised in the Vaicom window? Also, are you following the commands as on page 45 of the user guide?

I'll review as soon as I figured how to get it working again at all... right now message gets contructed but doesn't go into the game. (2.5.6 OB and Vaicom Pro patched to latest)

Thanks to everyone here for all the comments! Particularly Japo for posting the files. I had the 10% bug, but I was finally able to piece together what seems to work for me. I run the Steam version that updated to 2.5.6 yesterday.

Never had to do this before, but on the VAICOM config screen I had to:

1) Check "Use custom DCS path" and point it to my Steam install

2) Check "ob"

Doing a little testing I found that unchecking EITHER option resulted in the "bad" version of gameMessages.lua and the 10% hang. But with both options specified, it left gameMessages.lua alone and the game loads fine. :dunno:

Now to figure out which VR shaders I can (should?) actually use with the update!

Well well, this worked! I'm still flabbergasted that we have to check the custom path as well as check the ob box, something that is EXPLICITLY indicated that Steam users SHOULD NOT do. Something really went wrong in this patch. :doh:

Anyway, sequence of my own recovery, if anyone is interested. (Steam openbeta user).

1. Run DCS without VAICOM, to verify all ok. Loading was successful. Closed DCS.

2. Run VAICOM to check "use custom DCS path", point to Steam installation folder, and checked "ob".

3. Run DCS. Loading failed as usual at 10%.

4. Closed DCS and VAICOM, initiated Steam verification of game files.

5. Instead of 3 files found faulty, 5 files are found this time.

6. Launched DCS without VAICOM. Ok to launch. Closed DCS.

7. Run VAICOM normally. Run DCS.

8. Things seem normal as per the good old 2.5.5 days.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

The Cleanest way to do it is making a separate profile with those commands and append (piggyback) that profile onto the Vaicom profile. You can also add the commands onto Vaicom profile. Either way to use those commands use TX6.

Edit: Didn't see Waistcat response before mine, you can also do that. But since TX6 is already on Vaicom for that very reason you don't have to.

I think I figured it out. I modified VAICOM's PTT press / release commands.

On press, I "start listening" and on release I "stop listening".

I wonder why did VAICOM design his profile to always be listening, but do an action only when a PTT is held down?

I understand the steps behind simply adding a new command and / or importing an existing profile. What I would like to accomplish is to have my newly created commands execute only while a hold a particular key. My challenge is to do it withing the constraints of VAICOM's profile. If I create the following command:

Voice Attack Start listening

<press my key>

Voice Attack Stop listening

it behaves fine, until I press one of VAICOM's PTT buttons. Once I release the button, the profile goes back to listening all the time. How can I make the VAICOM profile stop listening when I release it's PTT ?

Better yet, is there a way to apply a specific start/stop listening to an imported profile?

Edited by Andy t

Well well, this worked! I'm still flabbergasted that we have to check the custom path as well as check the ob box, something that is EXPLICITLY indicated that Steam users SHOULD NOT do. Something really went wrong in this patch. :doh:

Anyway, sequence of my own recovery, if anyone is interested. (Steam openbeta user).

1. Run DCS without VAICOM, to verify all ok. Loading was successful. Closed DCS.

2. Run VAICOM to check "use custom DCS path", point to Steam installation folder, and checked "ob".

3. Run DCS. Loading failed as usual at 10%.

4. Closed DCS and VAICOM, initiated Steam verification of game files.

5. Instead of 3 files found faulty, 5 files are found this time.

6. Launched DCS without VAICOM. Ok to launch. Closed DCS.

7. Run VAICOM normally. Run DCS.

8. Things seem normal as per the good old 2.5.5 days.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Could you elaborate what how you can "Launch DCS without VAICOM" ? I am also running into this issue.

Could you elaborate what how you can "Launch DCS without VAICOM" ? I am also running into this issue.

Hi Andy, I meant it as starting DCS, without starting VAICOM at all. If you are already stuck at 10% at this step, that means an earlier launch of VAICOM has already messed up some files. To solve this, go to Steam and perform a verification of game files. It will likely detect 3 files that have failed and fix them. After this, launch DCS WITHOUT launching VAICOM. You should be able to launch DCS without this problem anymore.

However, when you next launch VAICOM to check the openbeta box, it will corrupt 5 files. Then you have to perform verification again. But after this time, all should be good going forward.

I run standalone and have tried all of the above. It now lets me load DCS with VA/Vaicom running, however still doesn't work, by that I mean I can speak the commands, they are registered in the text box within VA, however the next line is "unit not available"...

I had a similar issue when I updated Vaicom two days ago. It was resolved after I deleted the Folder ..\SavedGames\DCSOpenBeta\Scripts\Vaicom. I also Edited ..\SavedGames\DCSOpenBeta\Scripts\export.lua and deleted Vaicom's entry. And Repaired DCS Install. After that I ran Voiceattack/vaicom again, reset the lua code. Restarted Voice Attack and after that everything is working as allways.

+10. Long overdue.

Well its not very easy to find something in a 420 Pages Thread...

Maybe we should ask for a Subforum for Viacom?

Anyways, is the workflow pointet above also suitable for the "non-Steam" Version of the Game?

Or do i have to wait for some further update?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I run standalone and have tried all of the above. It now lets me load DCS with VA/Vaicom running, however still doesn't work, by that I mean I can speak the commands, they are registered in the text box within VA, however the next line is "unit not available"...

If you are using a version of the Additional USA Logbooks for DCS World (USN, USMC and USAF) from Home Fries then you will need to disable that mod until it is updated for the current version of DCS, he stated that he will update it in the next few weeks. Once I removed this mod from my OvGME mod list I was able to restore my comms to include responses from ATC, Tankers ...etc , etc (you may or may not have to perform a DCS repair to restore comms)

Thanks, got it working now. I don't use any mods, however I do use Tacview and SRS, which both have entries in the export.lua.

I got it working by deleting the export.lua and letting VA/Vaicom rebuild it, with nothing else in it.

I'll wait until after the next update before reintroducing Tacview and SRS in to the mix...

Thanks, got it working now. I don't use any mods, however I do use Tacview and SRS, which both have entries in the export.lua.

I got it working by deleting the export.lua and letting VA/Vaicom rebuild it, with nothing else in it.

I'll wait until after the next update before reintroducing Tacview and SRS in to the mix...

I'm running the latest version of Tacview so you might want to give it a try it should work for you

So I wiped my machine.

Reinstalled windows, got DCS up again, installed SRS, Voice Attack, and Vaicom.

Got everything running again.

Made a great profile for the F-18.

And realised I put everything on the wrong drive when I wiped the machine.

I never said I was smart.

But... no problem, right? I mean, I already have everything on the drive? I already have a backup!

So I installed the OS on the proper drive.

Dragged/dropped my DCS install over with stuff from ../saved games/

Worked, except all my mappings are gone.

Reinstalled VA.

Dragged/dropped my Vaicom stuff over.

Reenabled it.

Nope.

All my stuff's gone.

Now, I know those files are somewhere on my PC.

How do I get my stuff back?

(Not to mention my DCS HOTAS mappings are gone, too.)