F/A-18 Jettison Control STL Files

Blue73

Looking at this further I’m gonna have to do a little more engineering on it to make it work. I’m planning to use this panel from pcflights.com

http://pcflights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_70_72&products_id=457

I’m gonna have to create a knob assembly that will pass through the panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Looking at this further I’m gonna have to do a little more engineering on it to make it work. I’m planning to use this panel from pcflights.com

http://pcflights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_70_72&products_id=457

I’m gonna have to create a knob assembly that will pass through the panel.

Heya I am selling F18 Panels, and literally just finished doing up this one (haven't uploaded yet wll probably tomorrow). I'll also be uploading it to my PLOG once I get the part 3d printed over the weekend perhaps

If you required I can completely customise the hole to suit whatever switch setup, or alternatively If you go the plate from me I could just get and send you that exact switch at cost price, just get in touch with what you needed.

"Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way" (Gen. George Patton)

https://www.tekcreations.space

Hello tekadept,

Would you be so kind and share your stl of the changed gear shaft hole, because I don’t own fusion. By the way thank you for your communication during the ordering process. Looking forward to the panel. I hope the shipping from Australia to Germany won’t last that long. Thanks.

Hello tekadept,

Would you be so kind and share your stl of the changed gear shaft hole, because I don’t own fusion. By the way thank you for your communication during the ordering process. Looking forward to the panel. I hope the shipping from Australia to Germany won’t last that long. Thanks.

here you go attached the version with a 5.9mm round hole which is just a bit snug for the 6mm Shaft...

MultiSelector Gear Round Hole.zip

Anytime mate :thumbup:

Your printer's got good layer uniformity, you've got a good printer!

cheers

John

Thanks for sharing the STL file John. It was the first print off the Prusa. I'm super impressed with how it all came together. Cheers from Brisbane.

Printed this yesterday and it turned out great. Found a source for the pusbutton, just need to find the correct rotary switch now.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Pretty sure the ones from Jaycar or Altronics are good to go.

These ones?

https://www.altronics.com.au/p/s3021-1-pole-2-12-position-pcb-mount-rotary-switch/

They are 1/3 the price of the model listed in the first post, and techtronics have both these rotaries and the S1405 switch for a decent price.

edit: missed the jaycar reference, looks like they have the rotary and spst switches for $4 each, I know where I am heading on my lunch break.

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hi Andrew, Yes I bought all the parts from Altronics. I upped the Mouser link for international users. Glad the model printed okay!

cheers

John

These ones?

https://www.altronics.com.au/p/s3021-1-pole-2-12-position-pcb-mount-rotary-switch/

They are 1/3 the price of the model listed in the first post, and techtronics have both these rotaries and the S1405 switch for a decent price.

edit: missed the jaycar reference, looks like they have the rotary and spst switches for $4 each, I know where I am heading on my lunch break.

Cheers mate, I have it all assembled and it is a beauty.

But I'm stumped and google isn't helping. How do I set the limit on the rotary switch to bring it down to a 7 position from 12?

Here's a photo of my rotary, I am assuming I need to use the pin on the washer but it doesn't fit into any of the gaps on the silver ring around the shaft.

IMG_2022.jpg.f412e15113f0fb6ce1d36f8339659241.jpg

Cheers mate, I have it all assembled and it is a beauty.

But I'm stumped and google isn't helping. How do I set the limit on the rotary switch to bring it down to a 7 position from 12?

Here's a photo of my rotary, I am assuming I need to use the pin on the washer but it doesn't fit into any of the gaps on the silver ring around the shaft.

Hopefully not a silly reply - but you do need to remove the washer that is still on the shaft :)

Hopefully not a silly reply - but you do need to remove the washer that is still on the shaft :)

Not silly at all, I had a play and it seem fairly stubbornly attached and didn't want to go breaking things. Will attempt a bit more persuasion in removing it this time ;)

That did it, don't I feel like an idiot now!

Edited by Bullant

That's the one mate, it's not obvious that that's what it does.

Not silly at all, I had a play and it seem fairly stubbornly attached and didn't want to go breaking things. Will attempt a bit more persuasion in removing it this time ;)

That did it, don't I feel like an idiot now!

Printed the case and internals at .2mm layer height and the knob and button at .1mm

Still need to paint the button, but I think it turned out pretty well, certainly looks the part on my test panel box. All hooked up through dcs-bios and works perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your work Blue, really appreciated.

IMG_2023.jpg.1511d63ab3250e673d5b9b02e9c98f8d.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg.499bd2d878a4ef5fed92884bca70ba0f.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg.eb1ab5ffbb94474d29f60702f4363d7e.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg.2e885a21107113bd0a591ad03acfbfb6.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg.6dddfbfdc097d3c3e26af5f7d34a8ca7.jpg

Anyone got recommendations on paints and airbrushes/compressors for painting the knobs?

Was looking at getting compressor with Tank - something like this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Voilamart-Airbrush-Kit-Spray-Gun-Dual-Action-Air-Brush-Compressor-Paint-Art-Tool/133061273805

But when it comes to painting fiddly stuff - I make a good electronics guy.... not a painter

Anyone got recommendations on paints and airbrushes/compressors for painting the knobs?

Was looking at getting compressor with Tank - something like this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Voilamart-Airbrush-Kit-Spray-Gun-Dual-Action-Air-Brush-Compressor-Paint-Art-Tool/133061273805

But when it comes to painting fiddly stuff - I make a good electronics guy.... not a painter

If your not planning on painting that much overall, maybe the old rattle can is a better option as you can get some pretty good ones now in the rustoleom range thats great for painting PLA / ABS

If you do want the full kit, I personally am a Bigger fan of gravity fed model, The gravity dual action is similar to the ebay model I got and I find it works a treat hooked up to

the compressor.,

In the end I went for a small compressor from supercheap as I figured that way I can use for other things, and I can paint in silence so long as I fill with air first for at least 10 minutes which lets me pump out a few mini's in that time.

With airbursh still gonna need a primer and Rustoleum 2x is perfect for this https://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-340g-ultra-cover-2x-spray-paint-grey-primer_p1580683

If your not planning on painting that much overall, maybe the old rattle can is a better option as you can get some pretty good ones now in the rustoleom range thats great for painting PLA / ABS

If you do want the full kit, I personally am a Bigger fan of gravity fed model, The gravity dual action is similar to the ebay model I got and I find it works a treat hooked up to

the compressor.,

In the end I went for a small compressor from supercheap as I figured that way I can use for other things, and I can paint in silence so long as I fill with air first for at least 10 minutes which lets me pump out a few mini's in that time.

With airbursh still gonna need a primer and Rustoleum 2x is perfect for this https://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-340g-ultra-cover-2x-spray-paint-grey-primer_p1580683

Excellent - thanks for the pointers.

Cheers

Peter