How will the HQ-7 work with off-board acq radar?

RocketmanAL

So with the HQ-7 STR coming, I'm curious how the developers are going to implement the HQ-7 battery into the game. AFIAK this will be the first controllable SAM in DCS that has an off-board target acquisition radar. So I'm interested in how they will incorporate that radar feed (and C2?) with the individual launchers.

Will the launchers be able to monitor the STR target data while it's active?

Will there be a way to control the STR activity outside of the F10 menu?

Will the STR be able to provide any cueing information to the launchers to assist in target acquisition? Slew-to-cue?

Looking further out whatever is done with the HQ-7 could serve as a blueprint for other systems with an engagement radar and off-board acquisition radar, namely the current SA-11. So very interested in what the plan for this system is.

don't think too far for ground unit, our HQ-7s are like all other CA supported ones.

player: STR is just a drivable vehicle, you can lock and attack via LN optic

AI: LN must require STR in the same group to work

if any player can try and modify the luas to figure out something new, we would like to follow :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Well there are my hopes dashed! I was hoping that this would be the kick in the ass for CA SAM development. If I was a coder I would certainly be up for helping.

So you are going to require the STR for AI battery operation, even though the launchers have an autonomous capability?