[REPORTED] server browser listing crazy high pings on first loading

D4n

Everytime when starting DCS (since 2 patches ago) and opening server browser for first time, this is what happens.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207087&stc=1&d=1553295113

After manual browser refresh, it's all normal again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207088&stc=1&d=1553295113

1221606141_1stload.jpg.15940275ba2bbff9876814a906213133.jpg

1399626679_2ndload.jpg.92a62e6bf2059963e75f26cd9f963347.jpg

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Nothing out of ordinary most likely, because the browser may well show wrong values while it fetches data from the server, so I don't think this is anything worth looking at TBH. Just do a refresh and you're sorted. EDIT: And I think I've seen this before the last couple of patches too, so it's nothing new either.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

seems to have been fixed by ED (or by any internet-company that's between ED and us customers)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

still occuring, but only when disconnecting from a multiplayer server and then observing server browser.

I'd say medium-priority AT LEAST... Do you have any high-priority item in mind then?

• 2 months later...

90 days later, still occuring.

One of the top 3 most annoying multiplayer issues currently, high priority

Please pump up priority.

Since I upgraded to the latest cable modem in my ISP server list is complete for me,

but list ping times always (appoximately) 2..6 times more than in running multiplayer session.

This is not big problem until server ping limit is reached when i try to connect, and DENY to connect me.

Some of my teammates suffer from incomplete serverlist also. They not have an option to upgrade their cable modem.

So our eyes on the developers.

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Help!

Local country servers, these shuld be the lowest ping servers for me as in old modem days:

The 5 instance running in TWO physical machines!

attachment.php?attachmentid=212800&stc=1&d=1561657791

My ping on the second connection to "freeflight" is around 20.

The first try simply connection timed out. (not first time across servers, new behaviour for me)

edit: My ping on "battlefield" in game is around 20 too.

edit: My ping on "aerobatics" in game is around 35.

1357607791_Screen_190627_194458insanePings_2physical_machine_234and15_pings_should_around_50.thumb.jpg.3f3df0ff805505982114d8fe08cb9b84.jpg

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Thanks for the idea: connect by IP is a workaround now to the RED PING cases.

But refresh not help for me.

Yep, refresh is broken

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly 4 months and over 700 views later and still no statement/fix?

Nearly 4 months and over 700 views later and still no statement/fix?

I think you need a new strategy. You should use a scaling system in your posts

Let's call it Digital Effective Failure Condition. DEFCON for short with a number attached to a level

1 Extreme Game breaking bug! Several modules affected. Needs a hotfix ASAP

2 An aircraft system is broken, (but there are workarounds),

3 Annoying bug that needs fixing but is not a priority since it does not stop game play in any way

4 Very low priority, something like this post where a simple refresh fixes it.

5 Not really a bug, just a cosmetic issue.

So this post title would be: <DEFCON 4> server browser listing crazy high pings on first loading

That way it gives everyone an idea of how severe the issue really is!

Give it a try!

Edited by Dagger71

@Dagger71 This is a DEFCON 2.5

I only have to wait a few seconds and or refresh and the issue goes away.

It's definitely annoying but there are way too many other bugs they need to concentrate before even looking into this. This is not game breaking in any way. it might be a 3.5

• 2 weeks later...

ED. Over 4 months and 1000 thread views later, either let us hit the "refresh" buttonwhenever we want (without it turning grey), OR please finally fix the uber-high ping bug!! (it's taking AGES for the refresh icon to be "clickable" after the uber-ping-fail-bug and then refreshing it to join a server)

ED. Over 4 months and 1000 thread views later, either let us hit the "refresh" buttonwhenever we want (without it turning grey), OR please finally fix the uber-high ping bug!! (it's taking AGES for the refresh icon to be "clickable" after the uber-ping-fail-bug and then refreshing it to join a server)

I think it happens mostly to specific areas of the world and from specific ISPs.

I do get it sometimes, but the better way to load a server is through IP which is always displayed in the server browser or copy it on your desktop. Load up MP browser enter ip even before it finishes to load the server browser and you are golden.

It will actually load quicker than clicking on the server in the browser (possibly because it bypasses ED Network and connects directly to the server).