When we know something about DCS:FXXC?

fedor

Ed...i just want to know in wich FXXC are you working. Why is so hard know about the next module(F-XXC). I don't want know released date...just know who is the american fighter.How many time we must wait just to know that???

Thanx

ED is working on F/A-18C and F-15C.

This is publically announced already. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This is publically announced already. :)

All together...in the same time?...so easy and fast?...im sorry but i can't believe. Thank you

"But what will be first we don't know... "

+1

• Like 1

SU-27SM :music_whistling:

Oh please let this be true lol:shocking:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

All together...in the same time?...so easy and fast?...im sorry but i can't believe. Thank you

You ask, he answers, you don't believe?

There have been a number of promo videos, interviews, podcasts etc where it has been stated (by Matt Wagner, producer) that F-15C and F/A-18C are next from ED.

Let's focus on getting the bloody sim to run smooth.. people all over are talking about a "slideshow" when they fly. Edge still needs an unknown amount of attention.. missiles are a joke in FC3. Have you seen the amount of unresolved bugs in that forum? Who cares which fighter is next right now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

"But what will be first we don't know... "

+1

They both rely on the same underlying technology to a great extent, so yets: same time as far as development goes.

This is not something that is done as a one-off. The underlying technology must be developed, and when modules share requirements (for example: there is no need to reimplement the LITENING pod for a new aircraft, it is already implemented after A-10C), they can see concurrent development.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Let's focus on getting the bloody sim to run smooth.. people all over are talking about a "slideshow" when they fly. Edge still needs an unknown amount of attention.. missiles are a joke in FC3. Have you seen the amount of unresolved bugs in that forum? Who cares which fighter is next right now?

Your mistake here is the assumption that mentioned problems are relevant to the development that the OP discussed. ;)

Missiles in FC3 is a tuning issue, not a code issue.

DCS World bugs are not strictly relevant to plane development either. DCS World FEATURES are relevant, but bugs are something that will always exist in parallell. (The only way to get rid of bugs is to stop new features completely. New feature = new bugs. That's just the way it is. You fix the old ones and get new ones in the mail. :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

They have somewhere around 50+ employees at ED, and you think all of them are only capable of doing one thing at a time? There are people developing content, people bug fixing, etc. None of the things you mention will in any way prevent them from putting out new content.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Your mistake here is the assumption that mentioned problems are relevant to the development that the OP discussed. ;)

Missiles in FC3 is a tuning issue, not a code issue.

DCS World bugs are not strictly relevant to plane development either. DCS World FEATURES are relevant, but bugs are something that will always exist in parallell. (The only way to get rid of bugs is to stop new features completely. New feature = new bugs. That's just the way it is. You fix the old ones and get new ones in the mail. :) )

Sooo.. stop adding new features? :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

They have somewhere around 50+ employees at ED, and you think all of them are only capable of doing one thing at a time? There are people developing content, people bug fixing, etc. None of the things you mention will in any way prevent them from putting out new content.

Uh, where did you see me saying anything about them only being capable of doing one thing at a time? I wasn't giving advice on how to stop them from putting out new content either..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Muhammad Ali

Uh, where did you see me saying anything about them only being capable of doing one thing at a time? I wasn't giving advice on how to stop them from putting out new content either..

When you say that the rest of us need to not worry about what the next fighter is because they need to fix the game first, tends to lead to that misunderstanding.

If that isn't what you were saying, than I don't see how us asking what the next aircraft will have any impact on those issues. These problems are already being discussed in other threads, and many have already been beaten to death. A simple asking of "What's your next plane" isn't going to aid or hinder any of your valid concerns.

When you say that the rest of us need to not worry about what the next fighter is because they need to fix the game first, tends to lead to that misunderstanding.

If that isn't what you were saying, than I don't see how us asking what the next aircraft will have any impact on those issues. These problems are already being discussed in other threads, and many have already been beaten to death. A simple asking of "What's your next plane" isn't going to aid or hinder any of your valid concerns.

Didn't say that the rest of you shouldn't worry about it.. I said "who cares" :thumbup: Worry about what bugs need to be addressed, send em in not annoy ED and it's mod's about which plane will come first. This is a petty question and thread topic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Muhammad Ali

They both rely on the same underlying technology to a great extent, so yets: same time as far as development goes.

This is not something that is done as a one-off. The underlying technology must be developed, and when modules share requirements (for example: there is no need to reimplement the LITENING pod for a new aircraft, it is already implemented after A-10C), they can see concurrent development.

Thank you EtherealN. Sometimes I want know if ED know who is the next module.

Edited by fedor

:music_whistling:

Anyway back on topic:

Thanks for that insight EtherealN. Will be nice to see F/A-18 whenever it comes out, sure the US aircraft fans will be happy since Russians have the SU-33. Sounds like the Lpod already being an operating system lays in some of the work for the F-15E eventually, though not sure how the dual cockpit can possibly work so I won't hold my breath on that one.

Sounds like the Lpod already being an operating system lays in some of the work for the F-15E eventually, though not sure how the dual cockpit can possibly work so I won't hold my breath on that one.

Am I missing something?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Muhammad Ali

Am I missing something?

EtherealN said F-15C, so unless they made a typo that has nothing to do with the F-15E. After all FC3 is beta and not a release, thus the F-15C has technically not been "released", so I took Eth at their word. My understanding is that the F-15E was being worked on third party.