Template Sabre

Mainstay

Just an Update,

I've finished all the text and most of the MISC Decals and Layers, I will be go back over it tomorrow after work before I upload, I need to add a few more Decals and copy a few to other sections of the airframe.

The PSD with Text uses "Stencil" and USAF_Stencil" True Type Fonts... I Will add them to the RAR before I Upload.

PSD Right now is down to 113 MB after deleting reference and duplicate Layers.

Instead of attaching a bunch of screen caps, this should suffice:

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an Update,

I've finished all the text and most of the MISC Decals and Layers, I will be go back over it tomorrow after work before I upload, I need to add a few more Decals and copy a few to other sections of the airframe.

The PSD with Text uses "Stencil" and USAF_Stencil" True Type Fonts... I Will add them to the RAR before I Upload.

PSD Right now is down to 113 MB after deleting reference and duplicate Layers.

Instead of attaching a bunch of screen caps, this should suffice:

LOOKS GREAT!!! NICE WORK!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have found a strange problem with the texture files for the Pylons and Tanks.

I have created a cam skin for the F86 and also cam tanks and cam pylons to go with it.

When I load it up the cam skin with its cam tanks and cam pylons they show up just fine, but if I load another aircraft with a different texture the cam tanks and cam pylons revert to the default textures and the main body stays as cam.

Have tried loading them up in different sequences, the cam skin first, second, third etc, as long as there is another skin flying the cam stuff reverts to default.

Never come across that problem before !

Mizzy

West side of Dartmoor !!! My idea of heaven on Earth.

I have created a cam skin for the F86 and also cam tanks and cam pylons to go with it.

When I load it up the cam skin with its cam tanks and cam pylons they show up just fine, but if I load another aircraft with a different texture the cam tanks and cam pylons revert to the default textures and the main body stays as cam.

Have tried loading them up in different sequences, the cam skin first, second, third etc, as long as there is another skin flying the cam stuff reverts to default.

Mizzy

Lovely part of the world Crazyed :-)

Should be done tonight or tomorrow night guys,

I just need a dark color or dark camo scheme to test out the dark paint panel lines overlay.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Sabre Skins

Hi everyone,

downloaded some new skins for the sabre. But have noticed that there is no F-86 folder in Bazar\Liveries

So I have added an F-86 folder and put my downloaded skins folder in there but I cant see them in the ME.

I have tried putting them in the DCS World\Mods folder under skins but this doesn't work. Does anybody know how to get these skins working?:)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Good looking skins! Just had to try the RAF ones immediatly! Keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/Liveries

Create a folder named "F-86F sabre"

Than your skin will have a folder into this one.

I think this is it ;) works well..

Brilliant thanks for that I was missing the "sabre" after F-86:thumbup:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

digitalcombatsimulator.com under User Files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Mizzy

What I would do, and have done already for my group I fly with, is copy the default skin and make a texture folder and description.lua for it just as you would anything else. I had that problem and fixed it that way. I think it is due to having the default texture in a different place, but I am not certain. It worked for me though.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I would do, and have done already for my group I fly with, is copy the default skin and make a texture folder and description.lua for it just as you would anything else. I had that problem and fixed it that way. I think it is due to having the default texture in a different place, but I am not certain. It worked for me though.

:thumbup:

Thanks Nate, will try that.

Very nice, but the turbine disintegration plane marking (the red line) shoudn't go over the USAF insignia (at least I've never seen a real life sabre painted like that). Fixing it is easy; just rearrange the layer stack.

^This,

It was an oversight on my part when I moved Layers before packing up, originally the USA Decal was on top of everything, then I moved it into the group, where it randomly placed it below some of the other layers.

Very nice, but the turbine disintegration plane marking (the red line) shoudn't go over the USAF insignia (at least I've never seen a real life sabre painted like that). Fixing it is easy; just rearrange the layer stack.

I fixed the Camo Vietnam skin. Thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea lol.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/779373/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...