----- // AV8B causes server crash \\ -----

Paul1994

Guys I am not able to reproduce this.

Flown all night on a server which does not have the AV-8B and flew as clients with no issues.

Also servers like the 104th dont have the AV-8B and they seem to be running just fine?

Can you tell me which servers are seeing this issue? or is it just one?

No, several servers. Our internal locked server suffers from this. It is "dedicated", ie not hosted by one of the players, if that may be a differentiating factor. Filter for "Fail" to find it :) But it is passworded

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• ED Team
No, several servers. Our internal locked server suffers from this. It is "dedicated", ie not hosted by one of the players, if that may be a differentiating factor

I was on a dedicated server tonight, and the 104th is a dedicated server, plenty of AV-8B action on it with no issues, there has to be something else going on.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I was on a dedicated server tonight, and the 104th is a dedicated server, plenty of AV-8B action on it with no issues, there has to be something else going on.

Well, problem just exists.... What can I do to help you repro, no clue.

And I am not playing with the above posters, it's different servers. We are several suffering from this.

Mission is custom made, using MIST, MOOSE, CTLD & CSAR Scripts. + Slmod on server. Apart from that, I don't see anything special

Edited by Whisper

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

We host some simple free flight servers (online aerobatics germany). The server crashes (freezes) even in clean configuration. No sl-mod, mist, moose or anything else.

The freezes appeared very erratic but constantly. We pared the missions down to the minimum.

The problem still exists with the persian gulf map for us.

Right after removing the Harriers from one of our servers it keeps running for several days without any freezes yet.

We have no idea what the problem is. We only see that the issues have gone with the removing of the Harrier.

Why is no one posting logs if this is an issue?

Because logs say nothing, perhaps?

Guys I am not able to reproduce this.

Flown all night on a server which does not have the AV-8B and flew as clients with no issues.

Also servers like the 104th dont have the AV-8B and they seem to be running just fine?

Can you tell me which servers are seeing this issue? or is it just one?

What can de do to help you to reproduce the problem ? You want an access to our server, reproduce then I link you the dcs log file ? If you want to, PM myself or Whisper (for our server)

I don't understand your test bench, you only say that you've tested on an unique server (with I assume only one mission) To say that the problem is not reproductible, and as the 104th run fine si there is no issue ? Seem to be a joke.

We'll make a new test on another dedicated with different hardware but many people have this problem with the same root problem, it is not acceptable to just say that je not reproductible, every server admin or mission builder have this problem on different server/mission set !

The June 12th Will be our 2 years of server production birthdate and we never had this kinds of problems, only Harrier seem to be the problem.

Edited by xvx45

"Les pilotes du Fail" server administrator

• ED Team
What can de do to help you to reproduce the problem ? You want an access to our server, reproduce then I link you the dcs log file ? If you want to, PM myself or Whisper (for our server)

I don't understand your test bench, you only say that you've tested on an unique server (with I assume only one mission) To say that the problem is not reproductible, and as the 104th run fine si there is no issue ? Seem to be a joke.

We'll make a new test on another dedicated with different hardware but many people have this problem with the same root problem, it is not acceptable to just say that je not reproductible, every server admin or mission builder have this problem on different server/mission set !

The June 12th Will be our 2 years of server production birthdate and we never had this kinds of problems, only Harrier seem to be the problem.

The test was a dedicated server without the AV-8B installed as a module. With two or more AV-8B playing as clients.

With those parameters I have been unable to reproduce the issue. If I can not reproduce I can not report it, the devs need to see evidence of it happening.

I gave the 104th as an example as it is a busy dedicated server running lots of AV-8B clients. The server I use is a smaller one, again a dedicated server, no av-8b on the account, AV-8B clients running without issue.

Things that may help

dcs.logs.

shortest server / client track possible showing the issue.

dxdiag of the server machine

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BuddySpike running openbeta has AI and playable harriers. The server user also doesn't own the harrier and we're not seeing the issue either, and unable to reproduce, sorry.

This is with 50 concurrent players.

Server is running Windows 10

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Not true,

I run 3 dedicated machines and it is not a DCS issue, I suggest you look closer at your VPS config.

Pman

What should we be looking for, then? Wtf can we even be doing that can cause this kind of behaviour?

It's getting super tiring seeing people coming sayng "not true". Excuse me, but if you want to see it live, ask and come by our server and see how true it is.

You don't have this problem? Fine, cool for you. But that doesn't help us in any way other than painting us as liars (for what awkward reason would we even be lying on this subject???)

Do people have suggestions then on what could be causing this? Actual HELPFUL suggestion

Edited by Whisper

• ED Team

No one is calling you a liar.

We just need to see it happen so we can reproduce it.

I have spent hours already trying

The "not true" kind of blanket statements are. But that's besides the point.

Thanks for trying.

What area can we investigate? Could network settings/firewalling explain it somehow? The real issue is the lack of log entries about the issue.

We'll have to rebuild a test bed scenario, but with the arrival of the Hornet, it's gonna get tricky to find testing window

• ED Team

It could be a setting on your VPS, but I am unsure as I do not have access to one.

We have also a dedicated server only with DCS OB on it, no map or module installed and the same problem with the harrier.

Around 10min of flying with no problems, then freezing and warping begins.

Other clients and the tanker warping massive.

Trying with other planes like M2K, no problem here.

Tested some missions, with the harrier the same issue in all missions.

Hosted Server by buddy or myself, no probs.

• ED Team

if you have any logs from when it happens and the servers dxdiag please add them

Not trying to say you're a liar, just pointing out it's not happening to everyone. :)

For more help, post your server cfg option from autoexec. If you're on a VPS, make sure you have a sound card installed and enabled or DCS will have issues. Virtual audio cable will do for sound

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• ED Team
Not trying to say you're a liar, just pointing out it's not happening to everyone. :)

For more help, post your server cfg option from autoexec. If you're on a VPS, make sure you have a sound card installed and enabled or DCS will have issues. Virtual audio cable will do for sound

Thanks Ciribob

I'm almost certain the issue is related to the fact that it's a server with no GPU/IGPU, we've had our problems at the VEAF but none since we changed to server with an I5, third gen I think.

As there are no dedicated server tool for dcs, a VPS is simply not the way to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you have any logs from when it happens and the servers dxdiag please add them

I'll ask my users to connect and send you dcs.log, dxdiag and the time web the problem occur.

Regards,

I'm almost certain the issue is related to the fact that it's a server with no GPU/IGPU, we've had our problems at the VEAF but none since we changed to server with an I5, third gen I think.

As there are no dedicated server tool for dcs, a VPS is simply not the way to go.

I7 4th gen here (4790k) and the problem occur...

BIGNEWY, please find attached an archive containing :

- autoexec.cfg

- options.lua

- DxDiag.txt

- dcs.log

2018-05-30 11:08:31.312 => First client access

2018-05-30 11:15:07.020 => second client access

approx 11:38 : desynchronization from clients, IA don't seem to moove anymore, server console is "not responding".

Problem solved when the client change slot to spectator or any other module than Harrier.

Only one error related to Harrier found @ 11:28 after a plane crash :

"2018-05-30 11:28:38.334 INFO SCRIPTING: Event unit - Pilot Dead

2018-05-30 11:28:38.334 INFO Scripting: event:type=pilot dead,initiatorPilotName=bob,initiator=Pilot #025,t=62617.184,initiatorMissionID=1397,

2018-05-30 11:28:38.490 ERROR GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model AV8BNA_DESTR."

Hope you can help us...

Here the archive : http://teamcity.fr/LPF_diag.zip

Edited by xvx45

If that's any help I can provide the mission file and the scripting part going with it.

Probably worth mentioning we "desanitize" a few scripting libraries to be able to use scripts not embedded in mission file

Also, as far as I'm aware, the server is NOT a VPS, it's a bare metal server with actual CPU & GPU, xvx45 should be able to provide details

@xvx45 : seems your file is 404 right now :)