Unable to clear take off before take off approved

Hi

This was introduced to me with version 2.1 alpha NTTR and still present in 2.5 either terrain.

Every time I am rollin' onto the runway I get "unable to clear take off" message from ATC followed by "take off approved" shortly after.

This happens regardless of asking for clearance.

There is no other traffic in the air, just some uncontrolled aircraft at the apron.

Yes I have this problem too.

Also two AI wingmen line up on the runway one directly behind the other after I take off and stay there while I am trying to get them to rejoin...eventually they will take off but the immersion factor has gone by then!

This is a common error with NTTR. Request to takeoff is only responded to positively when your aircraft is in a certain area associated with the assigned runway. With NTTR most or all of these areas are not working so you can never be "in the box" so ATC will not grant takeoff.

Getting clearance by occupying the runway is because of ATC's programming that it will auto-progress you though the steps if you brute force. By rolling on the runway without permission it automatically submits a request on your behalf but it is denied because the runway is occupied (by you) and is deemed unsafe to enter. When you takeoff the runway is no longer occupied so your pending request to use it is approved.

I get the same thing.

Last night while increasing throttle and holding to take off (Red Flag mission 5) the A-10C behind me crashed into the rear of me which ended mission.

And I though I was a bad pilot.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Well, it happens in Georgia and Nevada for me. Even when I ask for permission before rollin' onto runway ATC says "no" and then immediately "yes"

You might be crossing onto the runway. NTTR has never worked properly with ATC zoning. At Batumi testing shows that ATC will not respond to takeoff request at 60m from runway edge but will respond at 50m. I did this at A and B taxiway in separate trials from the usual ramp.

When taxiing onto the runway (model center crosses the white painted edge line) the ATC without user request says "cannot" followed immediately by "cleared." This indicates a failure of the user to request before entering the runway and is an odd freakout of the ATC logic.

ATC will mess up if you cross a runway, including runways other than your intended takeoff runway. Needless to say this troublesome in NTTR in which it may be impossible to reach your assigned runway hold short area without crossing another runway.

Thanks Frederf. Seems to me problem just got worse actually. I was testing engine indicators at Laughlin for another thing I posted and here is what happened:

Request taxi = cleared for 34,

Hold short of 34 + request takeoff = silence, nothing for two minutes ...

Cross stop line and stop before rwy 34 + request = nothing

Cross rwy line - ATC freaks out - no/yes answer.

Rolling for TO at max - ATC gave me taxi to parking

Inbound - ATC gave heading for initial that puts me just on final to 34 but says rwy 16!

Laning cleared for 34.

On touch down ATC said cleared to taxi to 34...