Upgrading to a!!!!...T.16000M

TheOtherSider

So I am bumping it up from a Thrustmaster Hotas X.... after over 1000 hours in DCS I figured it was about time to get a more dedicated HOTAS. I wanted a Warthog but I would have had to convince the hubby that I need to spend nearly 500 bucks on this sim Hotas and rudder peddals and all. I decided a smaller upgrade was in order.

Anyhow I got the TM T.16000 after watching Ralfidude and Jabbers reviews for it and long story short it arrives tomorrow. I was wondering if any one who has it could offer some suggestions on what I should map to the joy stick and throttle.

I fly mostly the F\a 18c

A10c

KA-50

and Harrier in that order.

Thanks in advance.

Good move. Not much help here as mine is not a complete set

I use the TWCS throttle combined with the warthog flightstick.

For the F-A 18, the TWCS looks very much similar to the real throttle of the FA-18C and dcs comes with default key mapping which close to the real aircraft. You just need modify some more for your preference.

My A-10C also has default map settings too. I did not find anything amiss with default keybind so I went with the flow with addition using modifier button.

You can go to the user file section of eagle dynamic website and find tonnes of good key mapping for your specify hotas.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Good move. Not much help here as mine is not a complete set

I use the TWCS throttle combined with the warthog flightstick.

For the F-A 18, the TWCS looks very much similar to the real throttle of the FA-18C and dcs comes with default key mapping which close to the real aircraft. You just need modify some more for your preference.

My A-10C also has default map settings too. I did not find anything amiss with default keybind so I went with the flow with addition using modifier button.

You can go to the user file section of eagle dynamic website and find tonnes of good key mapping for your specify hotas.

Thankx. I was suprised to find that most stuff mapped automatically after plugging the stick and throttle in. The Hornet was nearly fully mapped. The Hog... still tinkering with that.

Remember you can program one of the buttons on either the stick or throttle as a modifier. This would enable you to create another layer of key mapping for functions you may need beside the default.

Cheers.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I use all 3 pushbuttons on the throttle as modifiers. The 2 on the front of the throttle work also with the hats on the throttle, the thumb button on the other side i use only as a modifier for the stick buttons and hat switch. You can bind nearly all important things with those 3 modifiers and you can also use 2 modifiers at the same time for a different input on the same switch like shift and alt or shift and ctrl.

If you are going to mount your throttle, you can also use a afterburner detent with 2 velcro stripes. Link for the little mod is in my signature.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I currently use a T16K - I actually use the left and right of the hat buttons on the stick for modifiers (since on the one hand they are "less" useful, and two this allows me to always have a hand on the stick while I hold the mod key, can use the throttle hand to hit the keys on the base of the stick).

As far as layouts no joy, I don't fly any of the modules you do, but I can send you an excel document I use to map my keys so I can easily see what I mapped them to. Just pm me if you want it.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

I was wondering if any one knows how to change the the rudder flapper stwithes on the throttle from axis to buttons. Ralphidude said you could but I am not sure how. I use the stick twist for rudder so my idea was to use them as modifies and triple the hats on the joystick.

I never managed to set it up as buttons. Maybe you have to use Target-Software?

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

I never managed to set it up as buttons. Maybe you have to use Target-Software?

This is explained in both Target manual.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_User_Manual_ENG.pdf

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_Script_Editor_Basics_v1.5_ENG.pdf

If this is the ONLY thing you want to do within Target, then I rather advise to use a simpler solution (which does not hide the controller) like JoyToKey which will let you remap axes to keyboard.

Or Joystick Gremlin which allow us to remap to Vjoy and/or Keyboard and/or mouse and/or Text To Speech... This one is better than Target IMO, at least if you use Target GUI version.

"Problem" with Target is that it hide the physical controller while combining it into a virtual controller and so we have to remap everything to the virtual controller. It isn't automatic.

Edited by Ant0ine

"Problem" with Target is that it hide the physical controller while combining it into a virtual controller and so we have to remap everything to the virtual controller. It isn't automatic.

remap everything to the controller isn't the problem with the virtual controller at all. It just needs a bit of time. The real problem is, that Windows only allows a specific number of buttons (forgot how much) and 8 axis per controller. I don't know how much axis the T16000 does have, but for the Warthog HOTAS combined with pedals that have toe brakes you'll have 9. I use the TARGET GUI because you can map the 2 way switches on both positions and not only one as it is with the DCS ingame mapping. I had to exclude my TPR's from my TARGET profiles so that only the Throttle and the stick are morphed together as VC.

Since you can only map buttons in TARGET GUI and axis are still set in DCS it doesen't make much of a difference at all, but is a useful information to know if you want to use TARGET. Besides that, i can not complain about the TM mapping software. It's working great for me.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2