FW-190 Anton or Dora? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
Ragnar65

Default FW-190 Anton or Dora?

Guys, i´d really appreciate some recommendations for choosing the Anton or Dora.

Have in mind that I´d prefer the Air-to-Ground fighting, the dogfighting on second hand. Reading different publications dealing the FW-190 models didn´t help me a lot so far...

As said, any tipp or contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Stefan
Ragnar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
Hunter Joker

Anton, the Dora is too light to AAA fire...

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

http://medusasquad.altervista.org/
http://medusasquad.altervista.org/forum/
https://www.youtube.com/user/garaganotube
Hunter Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
Magic Zach

definitely the Anton. Sturdy, heaviest hitter in DCS imo (4x20mm vs one 30mm in the Kurfürst). Also it's got that iconic 190 look, very important.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
tintifaxl

You will not like it, but the P-51D is the best WW2 ground pounder atm. And it has a wonderful ground pounder DLC campaign by Bunyap and Wags.

That being said, I would prefer the Anton for A/G over the Dora. Don't know about the state of E/A and available weapons, though.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
River

anything air to air dora, anton for the rest
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
Ragnar65

Guys, thanks for your thoughts. I´m a little unsure due to the early access status of the Anton. @tintifaxl: the Mustang is surely the best warbird from the late war period. But man - i´m a German so flying a German bird is a must have... :-) Flying non-german birds is what I´m doing in the Jetage...
Ragnar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:53 PM   #7
LeCuvier

The Anton not only has tremendous fire power, it's also easier the steer on a straight course towards your target. I get far more hits than with the Dora, and the hits are devastating.
Unfortunately many of us have a problem with the Anton since the last update: various CB's popping out for no good reason. I hope this will be fixed in the next update.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:15 AM   #8
xvii-Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar65 View Post
Have in mind that I´d prefer the Air-to-Ground fighting, the dogfighting on second hand. Reading different publications dealing the FW-190 models didn´t help me a lot so far...
Depends what you mean by "air-to-ground" fighting.

The DCS A-8 (Anton) has better armour and cannons for strafing runs, but carries only a single SC250 bomb.

The DCS D-9 (Dora) is more fragile, but it is faster. Its bomb loadouts are much better, having the option of an SC250, 4 x SC50 or SC500 bomb. It can also carry R4M rocket racks. Alternatively, it can mount 2 x BR21 rocket launchers.

So, if you are just trying to take out trucks and other soft targets, or perhaps even just strafing infantry (i.e. actual ground pounders!), then the Anton is probably your best bet. If you are trying to deal with hard targets (tanks, bunkers, ships, etc.) then the Dora might be better because of the better bombs/rockets.

Personally, in DCS I fly the D-9 with 4xSC50 + 2xBR21 for ground attack missions.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:28 AM   #9
Hunter Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvii-Dietrich View Post
Depends what you mean by "air-to-ground" fighting.

The DCS A-8 (Anton) has better armour and cannons for strafing runs, but carries only a single SC250 bomb.

The DCS D-9 (Dora) is more fragile, but it is faster. Its bomb loadouts are much better, having the option of an SC250, 4 x SC50 or SC500 bomb. It can also carry R4M rocket racks. Alternatively, it can mount 2 x BR21 rocket launchers.

So, if you are just trying to take out trucks and other soft targets, or perhaps even just strafing infantry (i.e. actual ground pounders!), then the Anton is probably your best bet. If you are trying to deal with hard targets (tanks, bunkers, ships, etc.) then the Dora might be better because of the better bombs/rockets.

Personally, in DCS I fly the D-9 with 4xSC50 + 2xBR21 for ground attack missions.
At the moment only one bomb, when full developed the A-8 and much more the promised F variant will be able to carry much more loadouts of the Dora, so it could be seen as an investment.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

http://medusasquad.altervista.org/
http://medusasquad.altervista.org/forum/
https://www.youtube.com/user/garaganotube
Hunter Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #10
msalama
Veteran

Well the F variant is what I'm going to fly, if we ever get one. In the meantime though, it'll be a tie between the Mustang and the Dora, since both are actually excellent ground attack platforms as well. Or if I'm feeling somewhat more modernish, the ZA Albie actually scratches the light GA/CAS itch very well too