Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 64 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #631
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Probably oxygen supply damage as the hornets mask state is always on.
You're probably right! I haven't even thought about damage to the oxygen supply, but that's probably what it was!

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #632
Al-Azraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
They probably are already. But I was thinking of, what happens to your Framerate when each bullet of several P-51s (I take them for the amount of bullets at once) pierce one or multiple targets and then DCS computes all things for each bullet.
Modern CPU can handle that easily, it is no issue at all regarding performance. Ballistics are a thing in almost every game with weapons now and there is no noticeable performance impact when shooting.

Last edited by Al-Azraq; 11-13-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #633
Magic Zach

Another quickie question: Are brake pads overheating modeled as well?

I'm not sure if they are in the current DM, but would like to know if they are in the upcoming DM, as that's going to be the future. I've never done the standard braking method as it seems that brakes don't overheat. Or maybe I don't land fast enough or something
Old 11-16-2019, 10:51 PM   #634
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post

I'm not sure if they are in the current DM, but would like to know if they are in the upcoming DM, as that's going to be the future. I've never done the standard braking method as it seems that brakes don't overheat. Or maybe I don't land fast enough or something
I think this "new DM" is only about combat damage
Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 PM   #635
JG13~Wulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
I think this "new DM" is only about combat damage
I think they said you could damage the plane (particularly the engine) with bad management.
Don't know avout warbirds break (think you would more likely end on the nose than set the gear on fire ^^ But would love to have brake failure due to temperature (and battle damage) :p
Old 11-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #636
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post

All current work on the DM right now is all combat-related damage, so you can have damaged or non-functioning brakes due to damage, but if you mean overusing them to the point of overheating, I don't think so.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 PM   #637
Magic Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
All current work on the DM right now is all combat-related damage, so you can have damaged or non-functioning brakes due to damage, but if you mean overusing them to the point of overheating, I don't think so.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:32 PM   #638
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13~Wulf View Post
I think they said you could damage the plane (particularly the engine) with bad management.
Don't know avout warbirds break (think you would more likely end on the nose than set the gear on fire ^^ But would love to have brake failure due to temperature (and battle damage) :p
I think engine damage due to poor management is already here for some time
Old 11-17-2019, 12:51 AM   #639
Richard Dastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Azraq View Post
Modern CPU can handle that easily, it is no issue at all regarding performance. Ballistics are a thing in almost every game with weapons now and there is no noticeable performance impact when shooting.
The current performance drop from miniguns isn't the tracer, but the effect when they hit the ground - it *shouldn't* be a problem hardware wise, but if you imagine a big bomber formation where all the gunners are firing then it might get problematic if the game engine isn't optimised for large numbers of projectiles. Modern combat generally doesn't involve much in the way of ordinance-in-air, compared to WW2.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #640
Wiggy

For the devs, although you’ve probably already seen it. Great reference for damage model effects seeing as you’re working on that bit, particularly the way the fuel tank fires erupt and API flashes ...
https://youtu.be/0BeiNHKAa5o
Wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote