Eagle Dynamic most need add this to the game

Alf.Snake

FYI - since the ‘no vr planned in msfs2020’ they have now stated they have heard and will look to get it in sooner rather than later.

Oh cool, that’s good to hear. Outside of niche industry applications, consumer vehicle/equipment simulations is the one area where VR actually shines. And with MS heavily invested in pushing AR/VR, it’s still pretty bizarre that it wasn’t a high priority for the devs from day one.

At least that news moves MSFS2020 from a ‘hard no’, to a ‘we’ll see’ for me.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Chizh and Wags talked about a "Whole World" has into the ED Plans.

Could you please share a link with this?

My opinion : if DCS World would have something like this, it would be the greatest flight simulator in the history of the flight simulators

:thumbup:

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Could you please share a link with this?

My opinion : if DCS World would have something like this, it would be the greatest flight simulator in the history of the flight simulators

:thumbup:

The "world" would be the very long game for DCS.

The reason many are here and or come over from civi is for all the "different" combat, the strategy, the stress lol.

That's the focus here and ED's big foot in when many more get bored flying VFR etc.

So for me keep focus on all Ai

Ballistics and Damage (Ground and Air)

Weather

ATC

Missile and logic

API's and fixes: To help mission builders make good fun even semi dynamic missions. The Ai again here need help, so not as many workarounds and make auto behave etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You want pretty pictures go get a flying game.

DCS is about FM, Weapons envelopes, realism and combat experience.

Most needed feature is to get right the Missiles Envelopes, (they are already working on it)

And a good representation of a dynamic theater of war. (they are also working on it) AND a lot of well designed Dynamic missions come really close to what is needed....

Photo realistic terrain? well it would be nice, but definitely not the most needed feature.

On the other hand we need that band width to transmit planes, targets, weapons and proyectiles positions, and to have a good sync in Multi crew aircraft, Not downloading pretty landscapes ;)

I just don't think that ED really needs to moddel the whole. Just my opinion, of course. But, do I really want to fly over New Jersey?

Model where operations will be taking place. And if ED did want to go the FS 2020 approach, how would they make the environment destructable? That's an issue, of course.

When I want to take a flight around the world, I'll jump into FS2020, because I will be getting that. When I wan't to blow something up, it'll be in DC World.

the ground details and clutter is far more important than any other electronic warfare or such. As it is everything that touches a ground combat and ground units. Basically everything except the naval war middle of ocean. As it is all about visibility, spotting and hiding, advancing and engagement between ground units and air units, as ground units itself.

The DCS is not about launching a cruise missile from 200nm distance or flying at 10 km altitude and intercepting strategic bombers. It is about a WW2 era fighters, ground units and Cold War era aircrafts, be it fixed or rotary wings. And in such scenario, ground units main surviving tactic is to conceal themselves to the terrain. Blend in, stay hidden and use terrain not just concealment but as well as cover, a protection. Hide the troops true capabilities, locations and give the edge over enemy to surprise them as well hold the advanced position on terrain over enemy so they cant attack at you as it would be suicide.

The weather is as important as well. It aint just eye candy, it is limitations when you can fly and how you can fly and what weapons you can use. When it rains, there is a mist, fog etc, your laser guided munitions are useless or seriously limited. Your FLIR is useless tool, and only thing that helps is then the A-G radar when you dont have visibility. And that generation we get is inaccurate and limited in its uselfulness but only thing that tells you something at better way than a moving digital map, that where is that river, big building, bridge or how many big aircrafts there are on that wide open flat airport when you are close enough.

The weather will change (should) a lot what can pilots do and how they perform.

And the true Combat happens on the ground, why Combined Arms module should become the crticial cornerstone of all in DCS.

And that cant be done by implementing azure, as it doesnt have the data or definition required.

And before anyone brings again the "Whole World", it doesnt mean all is done at high resolution, but historically major conflict areas can be done at high resolution and joined together with low resolution world, to be fly over at high altitude....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

the ground details and clutter is far more important than any other electronic warfare or such. As it is everything that touches a ground combat and ground units. Basically everything except the naval war middle of ocean. As it is all about visibility, spotting and hiding, advancing and engagement between ground units and air units, as ground units itself.

The DCS is not about launching a cruise missile from 200nm distance or flying at 10 km altitude and intercepting strategic bombers. It is about a WW2 era fighters, ground units and Cold War era aircrafts, be it fixed or rotary wings. And in such scenario, ground units main surviving tactic is to conceal themselves to the terrain. Blend in, stay hidden and use terrain not just concealment but as well as cover, a protection. Hide the troops true capabilities, locations and give the edge over enemy to surprise them as well hold the advanced position on terrain over enemy so they cant attack at you as it would be suicide.

LoL :) What you're interested in is all that counts eh ?

E.D. must wish they'd seen that pearl of wisdom before they wasted their time on coding the F-16 & F/A-18C TWS...

Cheers.

There are many good suggestions above.

But one thing i like to see is a training tutorial for new pilots.

Example a tutorial that start after your startup you plane where you get a guided tour of how to setup your coms and what to say to tower of airport, before taxi, during taxi, taxi onto runway, and takeoff

And then what to do and say when you get airborn ( leaving airspace )

and then what to do when you get back such a the break, height, base, final landing and then again taxi instructions.

The above could even be user made.

Personaly i flown sims since 1990 but i am/was always scared and not so good at talking and remembering what to so.

So personaly for me something like this will make me able to train and repeat and mimic what im shown.

( tip.. new science show that some people are goot at listening, some are good at seeing and repeating, and other need to do things while watching to learn the most efficient. )

( maybe if we had some kind of ghost/visual plane we could follow during the would be ideal, also while during carrier landings since its more easy to follow a ghost plane than reading instructions... with other words instructions and visual instructions is the way to go i think )

• ED Team
You want pretty pictures go get a flying game.

DCS is about FM, Weapons envelopes, realism and combat experience.

Most needed feature is to get right the Missiles Envelopes, (they are already working on it)

And a good representation of a dynamic theater of war. (they are also working on it) AND a lot of well designed Dynamic missions come really close to what is needed....

Photo realistic terrain? well it would be nice, but definitely not the most needed feature.

On the other hand we need that band width to transmit planes, targets, weapons and proyectiles positions, and to have a good sync in Multi crew aircraft, Not downloading pretty landscapes ;)

The terrain can always look better, but I agree, it also has to be a balance, we have a lot going on in DCS, so it needs to take all that into account as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I like all the hurduring because people saw a SALES PITCH. Let's wait and see what MS actually does before deciding whether ED should copy them. Ads + reality don't always match.

Gamers... always so eager to fall for the ol' bait n switch.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The DCS is not about launching a cruise missile from 200nm distance or flying at 10 km altitude and intercepting strategic bombers. It is about a WW2 era fighters, ground units and Cold War era aircrafts, be it fixed or rotary wings.

giphy.gif

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

DCS = No we still have a great game... Turns on DCS and nothing to do.

It's your problem, not DCS. Even with the free content you can fly countless hours - combat or free flight, aerobatics, missions, SP or MP, VFR/IFR, day/night... but some have all the modules/maps and still have no idea what to do.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I like all the hurduring because people saw a SALES PITCH. Let's wait and see what MS actually does before deciding whether ED should copy them. Ads + reality don't always match.

Gamers... always so eager to fall for the ol' bait n switch.

This

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.