Random CTD from singleplayer ingame

Krizzo

Hello, I got following issues: Random crashes to desktop while in game.

Facts:

Steam version of build 39384

Crash only in 3D game, not in menu

Not reproduceable, can happen after 3 min or after 40 min

Can happen with any aircraft and map module

Seems to happen with any graphics settings on any resolution

What I already did:

I updated the Nvidia drivers to the latest version but still the crashes occur. I completely uninstalled the drivers, I didn't use update nor did I install over the old driver.

Verified integrity of game files.

Uninstalled any mods.

Uninstalled DCS completely and re-installed it.

Deleted DCS folder in "My Games".

Reset the overclocking on graphics card and CPU.

I once reverted to an older Nvidia driver, I can't remember which one, problem still occured. Now I'm on the latest driver again.

My specs:

GTX 1080, driver 441.20

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 motherboard

i7 4790K

16 GB RAM

The log files are attached, I don't know how to read them.

Tanks for any help, regards

Logs.rar

Edited by Krizzo

I have always been told to not use the Steam version because it always has problems. Try going to the website and downloading the game from there. Most people download and play on the DCS Open beta version because it gets all the newest updates first. Not saying it will work, but is seems that you have tried a good bit of trouble shooting. Will not hurt to do it this way to see.

• ED Team

Hi Krizzo

Welcome to the forum, sorry to see you are having problems.

It looks like you have done all of the correct steps to try and troubleshoot, and thanks for attaching your log.

The log points to display driver, it my be worth doing a fresh display driver install many of use use DDU for this purpose.

If that does not help I would recommend contacting support directly

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

if you want a random thing to try that fixed my crashes to desktop, then check your windows pagefile.

make sure it is not left to windows to set automatically.

try setting it manually to the same size as your RAM.

I was running with no pagefile. started getting out of memory errors. changed to windows managed and got random crashes to desktop but it was happening at a similar time to when I was getting the out of memory errors. so I upped the pagefile size to the size of my RAM.

crashes went away.

I have a 1080 and 16gb of ram.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• ED Team

Quadg has good advice, check out this thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2