Hints and Tips for the F-5E BFM Campaign - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #41
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Once the C-130 comes to a stop you should see some messages indicating that the mission has ended. Press ESC and then end the mission. Then the campaign will continue from there.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #42
redmantab

I appreciate the realism and that it is difficult. I really do.

From a sales perspective and enjoyment for newer DCS folks like myself, this campaign is basically a waste of money. I can't get beyond the first mission and accept I'm not a pro pilot. Ok, gotcha. I'm not of the top 5% of pilots that can complete this. No problem. Still, a bit too hard for us regular folks and I'll keep this campaign in the back pile of impossible to complete most likely.

Guess it's good we have a couple campaigns out there for the ultra realism crowd. Maybe someday I'll get there too!
redmantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:07 AM   #43
Frederf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz000 View Post
that looks like a good read but is it available in a downloadable pdf somewhere?

So far the best I can do against the 3 F-5s in the first BFM practice mission is get to keep myself alive fighting till the vul time has elapsed

or, I get them to break the hard deck resulting in a win for me.
I recommend the BFM sections of the 800 and 1200 series here https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs-pat-pubs.asp The T-45 is similar in performance to the F-5. T-2 stuff is pretty old and will have difference due to the performance but concepts should be almost unchanged.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:32 AM   #44
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmantab View Post

From a sales perspective and enjoyment for newer DCS folks like myself, this campaign is basically a waste of money. I can't get beyond the first mission and accept I'm not a pro pilot. Ok, gotcha. I'm not of the top 5% of pilots that can complete this. No problem. Still, a bit too hard for us regular folks and I'll keep this campaign in the back pile of impossible to complete most likely.

Guess it's good we have a couple campaigns out there for the ultra realism crowd. Maybe someday I'll get there too!
If you browse in the campaign folder you can notice there are practice mission where you can spawn directly on India against the aircraft that you want.
It's not easy , AI is very aware of your position , more than humans , so its good training for MP battles.
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #45
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmantab View Post

Maybe you didn't notice but the campaign will progress to the next mission even if you aren't successful in each engagement (just like in real life).

So it is possible to play the entire campaign and not win any engagements!

You actually might find some success against some of the other aircraft.

Sydy and MrPilot have some good videos. Watching them might help teach you some techniques.

With practice you will learn what works best for you.

Sydy:

MrPilot:
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #46
sdaskalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by splash View Post
I agree that the campaign, although fantastic (see Sydy's videos) is extremely difficult for me. I had to abandon it in the first mission. For sure the problem is that I need more training in ACM.

https://www.87th.org/sites/default/f...Vol%205%20.pdf
http://falcon.blu3wolf.com/Docs/Basi...-16C-RoKAF.pdf

Chapter 4.

Nothing more... nothing less...

Last edited by sdaskalo; 07-20-2018 at 06:30 AM.
sdaskalo is offline   Reply With Quote