Anime Thread

pauldy

Long time Anime/Manga fan.. Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop..

And part of and Anime forum *Shameless plug* http://www.animeleague.net/forums/portal.php

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 1 year later...

Latest viewing:

ERGO PROXY

1543365.jpg

2ZN-zAKIfyQ

Its 90% Philosofy + 10% action and for that might be a tough pill to swallow for most audiences. I liked it alot though.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 2 years later...
bac6237feb25a34fb2419496b299be64.jpg

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Although I'm a Moe Military Anime Fan, I prefer status quo and that Simulation games and anime are kept separate or at least if it's not applicable...

What, you DON'T want to fly a anime girl/plane in DCS you say? I wouldn't think there would be any opposition to the idea on this forum;)

Anyway, I've been watching Jormungand recently. I'm not super into the whole moe/little girl thing that seems to be popular lately, so I really enjoy it, it being a bit more on the mature side, with some nice action. Some of the forum goers here may enjoy it as well.

Also, nice pics above ^^

Since I'm back from the dead through DCS F15C...

I'm gonna rez this thread

Now's a great time to be a Moe Military Anime fan..

My current craze:

Girls und Panzer

You may have heard of kung fu, but the girls at Oarai High School practice gun-fu—really, really BIG 75mm gun-fu, in fact. It's called Sensha-do, and it's the martial art of operating armored tanks! They take it seriously too, and since winning the national Sensha-do championship is such a huge deal at Oarai, they sometimes go to extreme ends in order to get the best students from Panzer class to sign up. Which is how Miho Nishizumi, who HATES operating tanks, gets drafted to join doomsday-driven driver Mako, even-triggered gunner Hana, highly receptive radio operator Saori and combustible tank-fangirl and loader Yukari as the incomparable Anko Team. They may not be on the half-track to fame and fortune, and maybe a few of them would rather shop for tank tops than become tops in tanks, but once their focus is locked and loaded, they're absolutely driven.

(Source: Sentai Filmworks)

I Changed my Avatar caused by this...:D

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

-Sel94: Although I'm a Moe Military Anime Fan, I prefer status quo and that Simulation games and anime are kept separate or at least if it's not applicable... :D

World of Tanks & World of Warships can be modded at least through sound mods being changed into anime voices.. like in the video below.. I'm waiting for a World of Warships x KanColle or Arpeggio collab ^^

Although I remember there was a Chihaya Kisaragi Idolmaster skin for the DCS F-15C ^^ ..hoping someone would make a Miki Hoshii Idolmaster Su-33 skin for FC3

After getting all of the Idolmaster skins on AC6, this sounds like an idea I will now cling onto, even if they won't alter the aircraft's physics in funny ways like they do in AC6. Zero gravity A-10? An F-16/F-2A that seems to utterly lack drag whatsoever? A Typhoon that goes exactly one gorillion knots but can't lock worth diddly? Hell yeah, let's go surprise some opponents! (I would imagine that the lightning A-10 would be a handy thing to have on DCS, considering it's not half bad in the agility department, though the actual delivery on DCS would be quite different I'd presume. I think everyone'd love the Idolmaster A-10, with its endless supply of explosive funtime. Who wouldn't love bombs for days?)

WoT? I used to roll with a lot of GuP skins, and I do roll with a GuP group for kicks, though I have a bit of fun going back to the total conversion skins for shits and giggles- a Marder turned into a Pak 38? One of those wonky german mediums turned into a Flak 88? A Jackson full of W40K Orks? So what if I can't clearly tell what I'm aiming at, I'm having fun watching this Flak 88 fire sideways and float around the map!

And just because I'm shameless like that, why not have a random assortment of stuff, including large squishy pillows to grapple with in anger when your controls derp out for the millionth time and you nosedive int othe ground? (Comes with a FREE kneecap!)

Legion General Third Class Ocean Seven

~ Overseer of 753. Luft-und Raumfahrttechnik Maschinenbau-Gruppe (753rd Aerospace Engineering Division) [Even has a Wiki!]

~ Acting Commander of Erde-verteidigung Kampfgruppe, Siebtel Luftweltraummarine Geschwader (Global Defense Army, 7th Aerospace Marines)

I write a lot of science fiction, primarily combat based, and though I design machines of war for all theaters of combat, I focus on the aerospace navy and air force!

• 1 month later...

My latest viewing: Knights of Sidonia.

TVbY8xqE0dY

Tells the story of one of many colony ships after the destruction of earth in an alien attack. The concept of the ship is interesting to me, the aliens not so much but the visuals are stunning.

My PC specs below:

"Gatchaman" ("Battle of the planets") is about the only anime I watched, as a youngling back in the 70's.

gatchaman1.png

Theres a 3 episode remake you can see on Youtube.

My PC specs below:

Erfffff what the hell is this ?

I warmly recommend Zipang. This one is quite close from DCS world and the multi-era platforms : it is about a DDG kongo class ship that goes out on exercice. It passes thru a storm and the ship get returned in 1943. Anime is nice, drawing are good, and the military capability of the ship is well interpretated.

zipangddg182mirai01zq3.jpg

I saw that its the final countdown on the reverse :D

Recommend it too.

My PC specs below:

• 1 month later...

Latest viewing. Ghost in the shell: stand alone complex.

QxkMzn4et2U

My PC specs below:

• 6 months later...

oh wow, Star wars anime!

PN_CP4SuoTU

My PC specs below:

is there any Mobile Suits Gundam fans in this forum? It's the best robot anime i have ever seen. my favourite one is Gundam Zeta

Besides taht,Sento yosei Yukikaze is the best air combat anime i thought.The voice of the FFR-31MR/D was recorded by F15J.

Fly when you ready

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX980M 16G X56

Anime... Hmmm...

I'm not a big anime fan, but I have watched a few I really liked.

Ghost in the shell comes to mind, and another movie, with the bad guys running around carrying german MG42 machine guns and gas masks with red eyes behind them. Its setting was in the 1950s I think, but the Nazis won the war and rule Japan IIRC. Pretty violent but cool. I forgot the name.

EDIT: Jin-Roh.

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are also nice to watch.

As for series: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs! :D