Contrails, Where you be?

Captain Orso

Event at 27,000 feet I'm not seeing any contrails :huh:

Has anybody seen them yet over Normandy?

What do I have to do to get some, subscrip to the National Enquirer? ;)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Here is a video showing high alt combat with contrails. The plane the footage is shot from seems around 27k-28k when the contrails appear behind his own aircraft.

I think the contrail height depends on the weather set by the mission designer as obviously temp & pressure & saturation are factors. I have certainly flown at 28K in some servers without seeing contrails.

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

Event at 27,000 feet I'm not seeing any contrails :huh:

Has anybody seen them yet over Normandy?

What do I have to do to get some, subscrip to the National Enquirer? ;)

The contrailing altitude depends on the temperarure, so it can be that rhey are higher or lower than you think

And yes, I've already seen them over Normandy, there are even videos where you can see them

• 1 month later...

I have little to no knowledge of meteorology, especially aeronautical meteorology, but I assumed that summer in the Caucasus with similar ground temperatures to summer in Normandy would mean that temperatures would be similar above 20,000 feet would also be similar and thus very similar altitudes for contrails.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have little to no knowledge of meteorology, especially aeronautical meteorology, but I assumed that summer in the Caucasus with similar ground temperatures to summer in Normandy would mean that temperatures would be similar above 20,000 feet would also be similar and thus very similar altitudes for contrails.

Possible, but temperatures are depending of the settings which the mission designer set it to.