AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

The NVGs and the countermeasure management are two more examples why DCS needs to allow players to access the mission editor during the mission - even if only for your own aircraft. That would remove so many multiplayer hurdles...

Just sayin', go loud for it in the couple of threads on the subject in the wishlist section ;)

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Yeah it would be great being able to plan waypoints properly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the need to access the mission editor for this. It seems to me like the easiest way to change between the visor or Nvg models would be to simply click on the stowage box in the cockpit. one click and they are on, another and they are off. I'm not sure how easy or hard that would be to code.

• Like 1

I don't see the need to access the mission editor for this. It seems to me like the easiest way to change between the visor or Nvg models would be to simply click on the stowage box in the cockpit. one click and they are on, another and they are off. I'm not sure how easy or hard that would be to code.

Excellent idea! Mission Editor access in MP isn't necessary in my opinion, however a mission planner would be nice. But to stay on topic I do really like the storage box clicking idea!

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

You need the ME for that?
Well it would be a more realistic way of planning a flight, usually waypoints and targets are on the data cartridge which is composed on a computer before the flight and not squinting at a map in the cockpit trying to discern coordinates of where you think a target might be and then inputting them one line at a time.

Having the mission planner would add a great deal of depth to multiplayer.

Well it would be a more realistic way of planning a flight, usually waypoints and targets are on the data cartridge which is composed on a computer before the flight and not squinting at a map in the cockpit trying to discern coordinates of where you think a target might be and then inputting them one line at a time.

I agree with this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AV-8B Harrier Thread

Agreed. I believe I've seen a couple mods that users have been working on recently, but they are in early stages of development. Would be great if one of them could be brought on officially into DCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Here it is (sorry I'm on mobile right now so it's a TapaTalk link)

CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=195724&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D195724&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So I don't see any of these YouTube privileged few with an early access module doing carrier landings or anything else on 1.5.7, does this mean its a restricted version or does it mean its only going to work on >2.1, big rumour of course that an update is imminent, but no mention in the modules info page that it won't work on 1.5.7, is it possible to get a clarification from one of the devs please, thanks

So I don't see any of these YouTube privileged few with an early access module doing carrier landings or anything else on 1.5.7, does this mean its a restricted version or does it mean its only going to work on >2.1, big rumour of course that an update is imminent, but no mention in the modules info page that it won't work on 1.5.7, is it possible to get a clarification from one of the devs please, thanks

Zeus already gave an answer, it will come out for both 1.5 and 2.1.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• ED Team

The build the streamers are using does not have the carrier yet.

When ready for release it will be in both builds as far as I am aware.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Newy, love your signature man!!!

Inspired by this great bird RAZBAM are bringing us. It has been fun to test, looking forward to flying it with the public ;)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Inspired by this great bird RAZBAM are bringing us. It has been fun to test, looking forward to flying it with the public ;)

I think he was referring to the cat tongue.gif

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Would you not just fly with the nvg's off till it get dark enough to use them?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

In the UK ‘You’ would wear your ‘nite’ helmet and carry the goggs out to the jet for attaching later if you were flying a day into night trip. The difference comes when you use the same Gentex helmet for day and night flying which means fitting an NVG banana bar.

This is a sim though so potentially you could just press the N key and avoid all the hassle. :lol:

Didn't Jabbers say somewhere that the Harrier build they have is only available to them on Nevada right now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didn't Jabbers say somewhere that the Harrier build they have is only available to them on Nevada right now?
I believe that is correct

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Zeus already gave an answer, it will come out for both 1.5 and 2.1.

As I posted above earlier today, Zeus has already said it will release on all available versions of DCS...why this is still being discussed, I don't understand.

The aircraft can be flown in all available DCS versions.

Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3282079&postcount=71

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Yes the release version for the harrier will be for both version, but the version of the harrier that has been showcased to us over the last couple of week has only been shown on the 2.0 engine. i was just responding to the last couple of posts from Kayos,drPhibes,Pipe.

The KA-50 module by ED gives the pilot the choice of mounting the helmet mounted targeting sight or the nvg goggles. Only one or the other can be equipped and they are changed on the ground through the use of the ground crew radio menu.

Why reinvent the wheel? Why not just use this type of implementation on the harrier?

• Like 2