Taking notes during a flight

33-DFTC

Hey guys,

A topic on the virtual reality section made me realize that some of you are taking notes during their flight. I was wondering which kind of notes you're taking and how you do it. I fly since the release of Falcon 4.0 and I never took notes, even during the preflight briefing. Am I missing something here ?

Thanks for any advice/input on the matter))

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I take a lot of QRA/CAS tasking data, flight plan, comms, departure/recovery stuff, A/A mission specifics, training goals, inflight notes (for debrief, mainly) and write it down.

Ended up buying a decent kneeboard for it. Works great.

Picture below shows some of what I've put on paper. My already sloppy writing gets even sloppier at 500kts! :D

jRBzp5Q.jpg

Lord of Salt

Well, after all, it seems there is not a lot of people taking notes either xD

Thank you for your message and input Sweep. The picture of your kneeboard made it clear and I can see the appeal when flying in multiplayer - which, I never did on DCS - still learning the ropes.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I usually write down notes on my callsign, lat longs to bullseye and radio freqs etc, Have to my memory sucks ;)

Depends on the mission, aircraft and how well I know the area I will fly in.

From "just jump into the cockpit and take it from there" to "full flight plan with maps prepared and fuel consumption calculated"... Whatever you need.

I can say though a little sketchbook and a pen in reach is a welcome option.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)