Su-35S Flanker-E Awesome maneuvers video

Zyron

Just found this awesome airshow video with the new Su-35S doing

some mind-blowing maneuvers! :pilotfly:Just wanted to share this great video.!

For those who don't know, the Su-35S "Flanker E" is a 4++ generation multirole fighter based on the Su-27 airframe with upgraded engines with thrust vectoring and some super cruise ability. Also new avionics,new radar(longer range than F-22 Raptor),avionics pretty much identical to T-50 Pak-Fa etc etc..

Info: https://www.rbth.com/science_and_tech/2013/10/09/su-35s_overtakes_american_f-22_in_terms_intellect_30639.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-35

The su-27 based airframe is one of the best looking aircraft ever made in my opinion, a real "Eagle looking plane". (Don't take me wrong, i love U.S.planes to:megalol:).

• Like 2

-I didn't have straight A's, so i ended up piloting behind a screen instead-:joystick:

Thanks! Yeah thought so too, and even having the plane almost in center when recording is not what you see too often.

-I didn't have straight A's, so i ended up piloting behind a screen instead-:joystick:

Post stall maneuvering is always a crowd pleaser!

Yes and thrust vectoring is also a great way to make fancy acrobatics!

You guys seen this one, eye watering cool.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3198820&postcount=3460

I wonder why in many airshow they seem to carry a dummy missile in the rear center station. They only reason I could think that would be useful would be to move the CG to the rear, making the aircraft more pitch sensitive. Or maybe moving the CG behind the lift force center.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

the pilot is lucky he saved that.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That was just beautiful to watch, seems like he was dancing in the skies.

Mad piloting skills!

About the dummy missile, i think it will give some extra upward pitch faster, but i think the main feature here is thrust vectoring capability, that's a game changer.

These 40 seconds at 3rd-minute mark are enough for me to be pleased in a crowd!

Thanks!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

When I saw it, I thought of the Death Blossom from the 1984 movie; The Last Star Fighter,

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well you never know, in 10-20 years maybe the Russian's will put a couple of Laser's on the SU-35 :lol:

• Like 1

Someone enlighten me on how this kind of manouvreability is useful in modern air combat?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Someone enlighten me on how this kind of manouvreability is useful in modern air combat?

As far as i see it, air acrobatics like in the video is just that, acrobatics.

It's just for show usually, but also to give some impression about the aircraft.

Can't see it was stated that the SU-35S is capable of maneuvers like that with

full load anyway.

Anyhow, pilots that do train maneuvers like this in the video, will

learn the aircraft's threshold thoroughly, that's something you can use in combat.

They are not. Also add some missiles and the show is a complete different story.

Yes, and no. Even to use missiles you have to have your nose pointed to a target, and a more maneuverable aircraft will have lees difficulty to do so. Also, when a combat area is fully ECMed (by the ground ECM stations as well) - your short range missiles and gun can be your last and only option, and then again - you will need some extramaneuverability.

• Like 1

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Yes, and no. Even to use missiles you have to have your nose pointed to a target, and a more maneuverable aircraft will have lees difficulty to do so. Also, when a combat area is fully ECMed (by the ground ECM stations as well) - your short range missiles and gun can be your last and only option, and then again - you will need some extramaneuverability.

Loose speed and you are dead :music_whistling:

With this rule SR-71 should be the best dogfighter in the world.

Quickest, fastest, shortest turn mean something also.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Extreme offbore shots are a thing, FYI. And who's to assume you can't use L/MRMs in an ECM environment?

That said, since the assumption in that case is neutral position/numbers merges...

Rate kills! :thumbup:

Edited by Sweep

Lord of Salt

Well, it's a great show by a great plane. I hope we never have to face it in war but can enjoy it in the MAKS shows every year. Or other shows for that matter. And of course the pilot is good, he would not be in the show if he was not.

the pilot is lucky he saved that.....

I heard before that is better to be lucky than good.

To whom it may concern,