Downloaded MIZ training File... How do I install it???

rickberry49

I found these downloads on the site...

A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Part A&B

from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250299/

Got 2 files ... download completed OK

DCSWA10C_CMP02B.V1.5.miz

DCSWA10C_CMP02A.V1.5.miz

At the bottom of the page note the following:

This package is no longer for sale.

Forum Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62992

V1.5

License: Paid - Paid version, License file included

Language: English

Size: 54.23 Mb

Downloaded: 2722

DOES THIS MEAN THEY ARE NO LONGER CHARGEABLE ITEMS ??

IF NOT AVAILABLE... should probably kill the page?

I put them in: USERpath\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en

Also tried putting them in: USERpath\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

I have a MG.miz file here but the system does not see the two I added in either place...

WHITE FLAG...!!! What am I missing ???

I'm pretty sure they were paid for missions that you could only purchases a license for from a 3rd party website, i believe he removed all the sales pages so he could work towards getting them added to the official store.

Pretty sure this is the same series, although a basic series rather then the advanced you were looking at. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_bft_campaign/ .

Thank you Sir...!!! for the heads up...

I was looking for some tactical training in addition to the BFT I'm working at now... Came across these and the message was a bit cryptic on the web site but you have explained it quite well.

For now I'll just keep banging away at the BFT... still need plenty of work there, should keep me busy till the new release...

One final ?? if I may... not all MIZ files apparently can't be simply copied to one of the campaign, or mission directories... I've downloaded a few previously for demos, I guess using a track file to show whats going on... Is there a difference in MIZ files??? how can we tell the diff other than they don't show up in the menu for campaign or mission even when copied to the directory.. Hope that makes sense to you... still gotta lot to learn..

The Maple Flag files aren't miz files at all. The installation process involves changing the suffix, and are therefore not of the right format at all until the install procedure has been completed. Usually, miz files (which are actually .rar or .zip files with a different name) can be dropped into the relevant folder and will work. Maple flag files are an exception.

Thanks for the info...!!!

I'll keep plugging away at my BFT campaign for now and look for your new stuff in the future...Keep us posted...!!!

Great job with the training files. If you ever need Beta testers or user feed back let me know.

• 9 months later...

hello all! sorry for the necro 1st post but I am a new player and was just wondering sabre could we facilitate a deal somehow through PM? I am interested in the f15 the mig29 and the su27 training programs? Entirely noobtastic and just trying to get myself some stick time without feeling overwhelmed.

I am sorry if this is inappropriate.

• 4 months later...