F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

I'm not finding a plain white helmet in the Textures folder or any of the liveries. There's a white helmet in the VF-74 Adversary skin but that has the velcro patch on it.

Can we get an *actual* blank helmet?

FYI the velcro is there to attach a strobe so SAR can see you while you're treading water. The velcro will be on every white helmet, and is also in the normal and roughmet textures. Your best bet is to work around it.

I found this "pinch" in the mesh:

1556553103-error.jpg

its not so visible in clear skins (it is there though) but Im doing a dark one and its very obvious...nothing to do with the textures. It looks even bigger in game.

Damn, I noticed it as well last night on my VF-31 Korea skin.

Did you post it in the Bugs section? I can post a screenshot of mine later to corroborate.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I have just posted it in the bug subforum mate...

I'll go ahead and get some screenshots on mine as well then and add to your post. I wonder how that got missed?

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I'll go ahead and get some screenshots on mine as well then and add to your post. I wonder how that got missed?

My best guess is because it doesn’t show up as clearly on regular grey liveries and we didn’t make any dark ones. :)

It has been added to the fix list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, hope you can fix it soon ;)

Btw, just finished a VX-9 skin

1556713205-screen-190429-142850.jpg

1556713206-screen-190429-142457.jpg

1556713205-screen-190429-141837.jpg

Would it be possible to make different inflatable bag for the default textures HB??? I made a couple for this one so it doesn't look that "simetric"...it would make a nice improvement imho.

more screens here

The Tomcat really looks amazing in shiny black!!:D

It should be available soon ;)

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Question about the LOD1_3in1's. I know each "tile" is 512x512, but is there a small boarder around each tile, making each square larger than 512x512, or do the tile touch directly?

Thanks.

When I loaded mine, I downsized to 512 x 512 and when I placed in the proper slot, in kinda looked like it filled the area out. I doubt it did, but all of my skins have loaded perfectly at different zoom levels,

Question about the LOD1_3in1's. I know each "tile" is 512x512, but is there a small boarder around each tile, making each square larger than 512x512, or do the tile touch directly?

Thanks.

They are meant to be touching.

Highly recommend creating the grid in one of my earlier posts to get them to easily snap in to place.

I would like to make a separate suit for RIO.

Whether there is a e.g:

Material name: HB_F14_EXT_RIO_SUIT ?

this is the current list

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3885939&highlight=material#post3885939

My best guess is because it doesn’t show up as clearly on regular grey liveries and we didn’t make any dark ones. :)

It has been added to the fix list.

Understandable, to be fair I didn't notice it until Waterman pointed it out, and I too was doing a very dark scheme.

It's sad that most nights I'm spending more time in Photoshop than actually in the cockpit, but right now all I have on my mind are how many different heritage schemes the Tomcat would look good in, and how I want to go about them.

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hi. Im in need of some assistance. I have downloaded the paintkit and are trying to open in gimp2.10.8 but its taking forever to open the files. I can read in this thread that there is some problem with gimp. But is it with the painkit files or the files that files extracted before the paintkit was released? And how do i fix this?

Hi. Im in need of some assistance. I have downloaded the paintkit and are trying to open in gimp2.10.8 but its taking forever to open the files. I can read in this thread that there is some problem with gimp. But is it with the painkit files or the files that files extracted before the paintkit was released? And how do i fix this?

you need to have the dds plugin installed. Aside from that the files load really slow because they're enormous. They included every livery that comes with the Tomcat, and the details/weather etc are spread across what must be 100 layers.

The files in the paint kit are fairly large and they are not optimized for GIMP. Depending on your computer specs it may take some time to load them.

Making VF-96 skins as the other Tomcat squadron in my virtual squadron's CVW. Unlike the VF-163 stuff, this might get a public release eventually. NG100 is a throwback scheme commemorating Cunningham and Driscoll.

XUut0bC.png

dmHBqTV.png

mS4ajFj.png

SZAOHaX.png

NTwRGlM.png

hLdvgsX.png

Making VF-96 skins as the other Tomcat squadron in my virtual squadron's CVW. Unlike the VF-163 stuff, this might get a public release eventually. NG100 is a throwback scheme commemorating Cunningham and Driscoll.

Beautiful work. Please do release them at some point!

oh im in lust!!! how do i get these?

When I sort out the lod texture thingy I'll release them..

Shame the cat isn't available to other nations...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45