Steam Edition Questions - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
iKyrThraad993i

Default Steam Edition Questions

I am currently building a SFF PC and I am looking to use 1 4TB SSD for my games and want to just keep a steam library but I want to know some things

Will DCS ever get pulled from steam or is it there for good?

Steam vs standalone? other then the pay cut that steam takes and it taking longer to get new modules

Who here likes Steam over Standalone and why?
iKyrThraad993i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
MobiSev

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKyrThraad993i View Post
I am currently building a SFF PC and I am looking to use 1 4TB SSD for my games and want to just keep a steam library but I want to know some things

Will DCS ever get pulled from steam or is it there for good?

Steam vs standalone? other then the pay cut that steam takes and it taking longer to get new modules

Who here likes Steam over Standalone and why?
It's there for good, but you can still transfer your steam purchases to standalone if you are getting nervous about it. However, you cannot transfer purchases on standalone to steam. Other than transfer ability and the cut steam takes from DCS, there isn't much difference. You can still do everything on steam that you can do on standalone (i.e. play in open beta version, take part in the sales, etc.).

As for me, I used to be on steam, but transferred over to standalone so I could support the devs more. However, I know that some people like steam do to the fact that they want all their games in one place.

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B

Last edited by MobiSev; 08-29-2019 at 03:20 PM.
MobiSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
Nooch

I highly doubt DCS would ever get pulled from Steam.. It's beneficial to both parties. ED get increased visibility and Valve takes a cut from the sales.
Nooch is offline   Reply With Quote