New Weapons for A-10A Payloads?

Gault05

As I was assessing through the payloads, there are some weapons that I never knew that could be fitted onto the plane(the only sim similar to this I play[ed] was Lockon Modern Air Combat). But what I don't understand is....well.....some of their capabilities. Like, the BDU-50HD. It's a new weapon they've established, yet what does it do. Or the ALQ-184...is it an upgraded jammer or somethin? I searched the manual and encyclopedia regarding the weapons but no luck. Can anyone explain to me these new payloads? And howcome there's nomore LAU-61's or Rockeyes in the selection anymore?

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I just tried a mission with the BDU-50HD ....LOL

It has a cool chute, and goes ..."FFFT" in the ground and NOTHING....LOL...

Would be nice to just yank it from the game, as all it does is waste my time looking in the:

Encyclopedia.... NOpe not in there.

Read All the Manuals....Nope not in there...

Online.... yep... but doesn't explain why it doesn't explode in game, as it is just a reference for the "REAL THING"

Forum.... Okay... YES..... Now I have some answeres.

Now I know I am not doing something wrong and it is just a filler...Added lead so to speak to a A10-A airframe.

Are ALL Blue colored weapons a "training" non-warhead?

Thank goodness for the forums....

Edited by Hermit713

Nope. All blue or blue band bombs do not have explosives. BDU-33 has a small charge to produce smoke to see where it hits. They are used for training. Same thing for missiles.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Does anyone know why the Rockeyes and LAU-61 were removed though? I mean, the models kinda looked shit because they never got updated, but if they kept it in the game, maybe at some point they could give enough attention to update it...

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Mk-20 Rockeyes are still present in some loadouts for A-10A and you can use them with those loadouts or if you copy those loadouts and modify them to your liking.

During reload, you cannot chose them separately unless you chose the previous, default loadout. Models are still in the game, like everything else, but you don't have options to chose them when reloading... except in a way I described.

I didn't find any info that those bombs aren't used today, to make things even more puzzling...