RSBM / PRMG Operational?

Flamin_Squirrel

Was wondering about RSBN too. Any suggestions how to use it?

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

There are new physical RSBN-4n beacon groups near some airbases.

RSBN.jpg.5df067dc8bcae72edd8448cce051c2f0.jpg 436780774_RSBN1.thumb.jpg.e1d1a378eb747bd3576cbb15d6f61da9.jpg

The specific channel of each RSBN beacon group you can read in the mission editor map. I´ll implement that data into the beacon map soon (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/588673/).

3.thumb.jpg.288c1c2f8b10b13f03fe01a29dbbe3c2.jpg

1. Set the correct channel on the RSBN-5S control panel of your L-39 Albatros. If there is a valid radio reception, two green lights will appear.

2. The RMI shows the airplane bearing.

3. The PPD-2 shows the distance to the targeted RSBN beacon group.

4. Here you can change via the RSBN mode selector switch between "Landing", "Navigation" or "Glide Path".

4.thumb.jpg.4f1af00b500643dab28fb6e4720c5b85.jpg

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• ED Team

The L-39C airplane is equipped with the SDU system, which significantly ease landing approach.

When course beacon signal is captured, enable the «SDU» CB and «SDU» switch. «Т» и «К»

warning flags will be off on ADI.

The following flight perform following the steering pointers (bank and pitch) on the ADI. If the

pointers are kept in the center the airplane descends following requires glideslope. Distance to

glideslope beacon is indicated on PPD-2.

Amat Victoria Curam.

In the LNS MiG-21 all the electronic and navigation suite is their weakest part. They choose not to use the files that exists from the 1.2.X oldest version (with all the necessary things coded and ready to use) an simply put an XYZ file.

The L-39 depicts the navigation suite as is in the real thing. PRMG is only for military planes and airbases and RSBN and VOR-VORTAC are incompatible. In Georgia, the RSBN stations were changed for VOR stations after the breakup of the USSR.

I hope LNS update the nav suite in the medium term to have an accurate representation of the system like the L-39 has.

Sorry for my english.

• ED Team

Channel navigation and landing for RSBN and PRMG.

Mozdok: Navigation – 20, Landing-22

Maikop: Navigation-34, Landing-36

Krasnodar Center: Navigation-40, Landing-38

Krymsk: Navigation-28 Landing-26

• Like 1

Amat Victoria Curam.

And Request about the RSBN station tuning, since there are 40 channel, i wish they could allow the button to rotate backward (40 <-> 0 <-> 1), like the radio one. Cause going from 0 to 40 (twice for nav and landing) is quite a painfull operation... If I make sens :pilotfly:

Channel navigation and landing for RSBN and PRMG.

Mozdok: Navigation – 20, Landing-22

Maikop: Navigation-34, Landing-36

Krasnodar Center: Navigation-40, Landing-38

Krymsk: Navigation-28 Landing-26

Thanks Mr.Pitt !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And Request about the RSBN station tuning, since there are 40 channel, i wish they could allow the button to rotate backward (40 <-> 0 <-> 1), like the radio one. Cause going from 0 to 40 (twice for nav and landing) is quite a painfull operation... If I make sens :pilotfly:

Or add ability to rotate them with a mouse wheel.

Clicking 40 or even 20 times to set the right channel is really inconvenient.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth... i made this for myself.

feel free to use.

15mcxz9.png

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

So I'm trying to land at K-Center.

Navigation 40 works just fine, gives me bearing and range correction. 2 green lights.

With Landing set to 38, when I move the switch over to "landing" I get no lights at all. With landing set to 40, I get a single green light (left one).

Is the landing RSBN working properly?

Additionally, the K-center vector from ATC is always to Runway 27. But seems like the RSBN is for Runway 09?

I can land with PRMG aid in RWY 09 if it's the active RWY.

I try it later.

Have you tried Mozdok AFB, the other with only one assisted RWY?

Edit:

OK. I see it.

In PRMG 40 you have got azimuth correction only. The system on board (RSBN-4) is receiving signal.

I´ll try to find something about RSBN with coupled PRMG systems.

Thanks!

Edited by Tarres