DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 258 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 10:43 PM   #2571
MRaza

When I extract a new srs update into my existing srs folder, and i launch the installer, what path should go under "Step 1: Pick Install Location"? Should I put the path of the existing SRS folder?
MRaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:01 AM   #2572
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiceman View Post
Question... when I am in the game as Red Game Master, Blue flights can’t hear me. Radio shouldn’t care about red and blue, a frequency is a frequency. Is there a setting for this somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash621 View Post
Hey All,

Since the last windows update I've been unable to install SCS. If I click the installer, and do YES to the authorization, I dont see anything after.

Same for a manual install and then clicking the SRS client. It shows in the "tray"but if you mouse over it disappears instantly and never opens the GUI. I've tried removing DCS, manual uninstall, pretty much everything short of wiping windows 10. What gives? The logs aren't particularly helpful either because all I see are successful items.

Any ideas? I've gone back to a restore point and also uninstalled any microsoft KB patches in windows update that I can.. but at this point I can't "roll back" the updates any further. Ideas?

Thanks,
Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry10 View Post
Same issue
For support please ask on the SRS discord - if you don't get a reply, ask again

https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRaza View Post
When I extract a new srs update into my existing srs folder, and i launch the installer, what path should go under "Step 1: Pick Install Location"? Should I put the path of the existing SRS folder?
Extract the zip anywhere BUT the existing SRS folder or the DCS folder and run the installer from there. Then delete the extracted files.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #2573
MRaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Extract the zip anywhere BUT the existing SRS folder or the DCS folder and run the installer from there. Then delete the extracted files.
So I don't replace the files in the srs folder with the zip files? Sometimes when I hit install/ update SRS, my SRS stops working
Old 10-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #2574
MRaza

Never mind, for some reason all this time I've been extracting the files then running the installer already in my srs folder, instead of the new one. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2019, 01:48 AM   #2575
Wrench

Is there a script out there to auto-kick DCS clients who aren't connected to the SRS server?
Old 10-14-2019, 01:42 AM   #2576
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
Is there a script out there to auto-kick DCS clients who aren't connected to the SRS server?
I'm almost certain I read about such a thing, but I don't recall any details like the author or the server it was used on.

If you don't receive an answer here, you should probably ask the question in the Multiplayer part of the forum.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:49 PM   #2577
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
I'm almost certain I read about such a thing, but I don't recall any details like the author or the server it was used on.

If you don't receive an answer here, you should probably ask the question in the Multiplayer part of the forum.
The latest version of SRS has an some new tools for server owners that could be extended to kick clients but you will need some LUA skills.

Current version will message users who aren't connected. Have a look at the autoconnect lua

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 AM   #2578
DerekSpeare

Does it work in VR?
Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | FI-P3D v2.5/3 | FI-FSX
My Hangar: FC3 | F-16 | C101 | M2000 | Mi8 | UH1 | F86 | L39 | A10C | NTTR | F5E | F/A-18 | Harrier
DSD TS Server: derekspeare.typefrag.com | PW = dsdftw!
Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE
DerekSpeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #2579
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSpeare View Post
Does it work in VR?
Yes.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #2580
shomke

Does anyone use SRS with a wireless Bose headphone?
I have some problem when I select select the mic of the headset has an input. It works fine when I do the Preview Audio test, but when I connect to an SRS server all the other computer and DCS sounds are shut down. I can only hear the SRS radio messages...
I don't get the problem when I select the mic embedded in my screen.
Frustrating...
shomke is offline   Reply With Quote