Copilot is not shooting at night

schroedi

The copilot or gunner isn't engaging targets at night.

If I switch to the gunner's position and use NVGs, it is no problem to use the gunsight for the M134 miniguns, but the copilot seems not to use NVGs at all.

The doorgunners do shoot at night.

Is this a bug or is it intended to be like that?

The copilot or gunner isn't engaging targets at night.

If I switch to the gunner's position and use NVGs, it is no problem to use the gunsight for the M134 miniguns, but the copilot seems not to use NVGs at all.

The doorgunners do shoot at night.

Is this a bug or is it intended to be like that?

1. AI doesn't need NVG

2. Are the targets within the movement radius of the guns?

3. Make sure you don't use the sight, this will prevent the copilot from shooting

1. AI doesn't need NVG

3. Make sure you don't use the sight, this will prevent the copilot from shooting

Regarding 1.: AI does need NVGs, but probably doesn't use them.

Ok, possible that the AI in a player aircraft is implemented differently, but at least default AI aircraft (and ground units, I assume) that rely on their eyesight "sensors" have different spotting distances under different circumstances - one of those being the fact wether it is day or night.

When he shoots in daytime , he can't hit anything

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1. AI doesn't need NVG

I want the guy in the back with the minigun to engage. If I use my own gunsight will this prevent the mini gun AI from firing?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I want the guy in the back with the minigun to engage. If I use my own gunsight will this prevent the mini gun AI from firing?

No, but the copilot won't swivel the forward miniguns while the pilot uses his sights. The door gunners do as they please.

Cant seem to get my door gunner to engage am I maybe doing something wrong? Is it not automatic?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Havent thought of that but I thought I could only select AI skill level for external AI foes, and not myself and the helicopter crew I am controling. Will look into it thanks

------------