New L-39 Inquiry Thread

raptr12

So, to shorten the back and forth in this thread a bit - or maybe how this all could have been done a bit more briefly:

raptr: "I don't like trainer aircraft."

... and then the crowd goes mild:

comunity: "Good to know!"

3rd party devs: "We can live with that."

ED: "Valid standpoint is valid!"

and even the forum mods are all like:

mods: ":thumbup:"

Majority again...

From US you mean? Cause if you ask "the majority" of Russian players I doubt they will shout F/A-18...F (I had yo google what is the F... oh... some Super Hornet, ok).

Let me give you some examples of wishes:

I would like a Mig21 Lancer... why? Because it is the Romanian Mig21 and I am Romanian... the Majority of Romanians blah blah blah... However, Having already a 21 Bis by LNS at very good quality satisfies a good part of Mig21 thirst and knowing how hard is to build a plane from scratch and how similar in the end the Bis and Lancer are (wow factor if you wish, I know the differences in avionics etc) I wouldn't bother LNS or other developer with requests for a Lancer.

Same is for me with F18... There is a C coming so the little bigger and more badarse one that is F is almost irrelevant for me. So whining about an F without waiting the C is a bit "juvenile" for me.

As for trainers.... L-39 is quite a known plane and is very well made, I had last night quite a few laughs with a friend of mine stealing each others the control over one single aircraft so... fun.

Would I have wanted more a T-38? Yes... sure... but "I don't dare to request". Maybe at some point someone will make one. Or how about a IAR-99 SOIM? Never heard of it isn't it? :D

And not all players want more fighters... some want more maps... or other assets from DCS... like tankers, transport planes, etc. Wanting a "click-click last gen plane" is boring for many.

I don't care about the F/A-18. I could care less which two seat fighter they could have spent more time making instead of the L-39. But you're pretty much agreeing with me: Players want more...more maps, assets, tankers, AWACS, transport instead of a out of place L-39.

Ahh...found the problem! You need an eye exam. ;)

Get that cleared up and things will make more sense. :D

I kid, but it is a pretty similar argument.

Plus, all this L-39, Spitfire, and F/A-18 Hornet development is totally interfering with the development of the ultimate DCS module:

9842250405_ca755b795d_b.jpg

The F3H-2 Demon! It's perfect! Carrier ops, multi-role, and...my most critical litmus test - it's wearing a BlackLion! :D

But I don't understand how decisions are made around here..... ;)

-Nick

PS:

The community here has it made it quite clear that they want complete aircraft, things with SFM and SSM have not been well-received. FYI...

Apparently many people would buy this and defend it with their lives on this forum. :megalol:

I don't care about the F/A-18. I could care less which two seat fighter they could have spent more time making instead of the L-39. But you're pretty much agreeing with me: Players want more...more maps, assets, tankers, AWACS, transport instead of a out of place L-39.

There's nothing to do my friend.. deal with that. :thumbup:

Majority again...

From US you mean? Cause if you ask "the majority" of Russian players I doubt they will shout F/A-18...F (I had yo google what is the F... oh... some Super Hornet, ok).

Let me give you some examples of wishes:

I would like a Mig21 Lancer... why? Because it is the Romanian Mig21 and I am Romanian... the Majority of Romanians blah blah blah... However, Having already a 21 Bis by LNS at very good quality satisfies a good part of Mig21 thirst and knowing how hard is to build a plane from scratch and how similar in the end the Bis and Lancer are (wow factor if you wish, I know the differences in avionics etc) I wouldn't bother LNS or other developer with requests for a Lancer.

Same is for me with F18... There is a C coming so the little bigger and more badarse one that is F is almost irrelevant for me. So whining about an F without waiting the C is a bit "juvenile" for me.

As for trainers.... L-39 is quite a known plane and is very well made, I had last night quite a few laughs with a friend of mine stealing each others the control over one single aircraft so... fun.

Would I have wanted more a T-38? Yes... sure... but "I don't dare to request". Maybe at some point someone will make one. Or how about a IAR-99 SOIM? Never heard of it isn't it? :D

And not all players want more fighters... some want more maps... or other assets from DCS... like tankers, transport planes, etc. Wanting a "click-click last gen plane" is boring for many.

It seems everyone wanted to start out with an "easy" project so they decided to go with a trainer. I can understand this decision but I dont think it makes his point invalid. At this point we can buy as many modern combat planes as modern trainers and I do think he is right when he says that most players would like planes to fly missions in. If you dont like flying missions and enjoy trainers/civilian aircraft any other flight sim would do. DCS is as much a simulation of weapon systems as it is a simulation of the aircrafts themselves. Trainers do not offer the full kit, simple as that.

It seems everyone wanted to start out with an "easy" project so they decided to go with a trainer. I can understand this decision but I dont think it makes his point invalid. At this point we can buy as many modern combat planes as modern trainers and I do think he is right when he says that most players would like planes to fly missions in. If you dont like flying missions and enjoy trainers/civilian aircraft any other flight sim would do. DCS is as much a simulation of weapon systems as it is a simulation of the aircrafts themselves. Trainers do not offer the full kit, simple as that.

I can fly missions in, for example the L-39. Rockets, low drag bombs, high drag bombs, 23 mm cannon, 12 .30 machine guns (pods), even a/a with IR missiles and the cannon ...

I can fly missions in the Hawk, drop cluster bombs on bad guys, use low drag & high drag dumb bombs, employ 2.75" rockets and shoot at things with a - i think 30 mm - cannon.

I can fly missions in the C-101 (once the CC is released), similar loadouts as above ...

And btw, why should I have to suffer from a lower quality flight model by using a different sim, just when I don't constantly want to kill something?