Obligatory A-8 Dog Fight Speculation Thread

Strong05

true that, butthurt now:lol::thumbup:

in generall i do believe that peops can post their concerns if they wish so, nailing them as idiots doesnt make anyone a superior alien.

im not implying u guys did so, its just some generell observation of the fanboys either side.

See u on the battlefield :)

S!

Edited by rogonaut

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antons never had MW50, either C3 injection (Jabos) or Ladedruckerhöhung (Jäger).

realy i think that fw190 a8 used c3 injection for WEP

and MW50 was tested but there was somee kind of problem with cracks in header

you got thisn in fw190 a8 description in ED shop with c3 injection 1980ps was developed fro engine.

2000hp i think it will be great plane

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

A-8 did not use C3 injection.

A-8 had "erhöhter Notleistung" and that was something like supercharger boost regulator "by-pass", it allowed to increase MP from 1,42/1,42 to 1,58/1,65 ATA.

C3 injection was used only for F/G attack models up to 1000m altitude.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

But aren't we getting the F-8 too? Or have I misunderstood something?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yes we are going to get F-8 too, according to newsletter and other entries here from ED staff.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Well, it's the variant that should be in DCS in the first place, considering the '44 setting.

Agreed. Doesn't change the fact that it will turn similarly to the dora if not worse, and be as slow as the Mk IX.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

A-8 did not use C3 injection.

A-8 had "erhöhter Notleistung" and that was something like supercharger boost regulator "by-pass", it allowed to increase MP from 1,42/1,42 to 1,58/1,65 ATA.

I know you are very knowledgeable, but here is what Wikipedia says: "Changes introduced in the Fw 190 A-8 also included the C3-injection Erhöhte Notleistung emergency boost system to the fighter variant of the Fw 190 A".

Also the DCS weekly newsletter says "The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations."

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I know what is written in the last newsletter, but i still think it is connected with info about F-8 model, like armor around engine. The A-8 "standard" fighter was without it, it was one of several modificatinos for "attack" models, F/G not for A, may be with exception for A-8/R2.

My opinion is based on this:

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/4xGHj3g.png[/img]

Keine C3 Einspritzung! is written in original German document for "Jager" model - Fighter A-8.

F-15E | F-14A/B

Saburo is right. C3 injection only for jabos!

I can recommend the book from Dietmar Hermann:

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 F und G: vom schnellen Jäger zum Jagdbomber und Schlachtflugzeug Entwicklung, Produktion und Einsatz

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

I'm not sure it says the same for everything. I mean, the way it's written,

"1.65 in second charger gear

________________No C3 injection!"

apparently means the same as above, no C3 in 1.65 MP. Maybe that?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Doesn't the A8 have an even higher wing loading than the D9, along with a bit more weight when combat loaded? Based on other sims that have put in varying amounts of work into their FMs, the A8 is no "dogfighter", not in terms of being a good angles/rate/radius fighter, not IMO. The gun package is pretty great though, 4 MG151s with lots of ammunition, 500 rnds in the inboard wing guns and IIRC it's 280 in the outboard ones (they aren't the crappy MG FF guns that are in the A5/etc model either, but MG151 as well). That plus a very large 13mm nose MG loadout (can't remember the rounds with these) - fantastic guns package for busting bombers and larger fighter/bombers.

Interesting points about the boost/c3 here - am I understanding correctly that the A8 standard fighter model had no boost or "war emergency power" analogue at all? So no magic "turbo" switch for an instant increase in power/acceleration/speed, not like the Mw50 or WEP in the Western fighters?

Getting wrapped up into turn fights probably won't be a good idea with the DCS A8. Still, it'll be my favorite WW2 fighter in DCS until the P47 comes along someday...

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Increased power for F/G-8 variants was reached by injection C3 fuel into supercharger inlet and re-set boost control.

But for A-8 variant was used completely different way how to increase power

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/N0qTwlL.png[/img]

If i understand correctly, it was done without re-set boost control!

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/dT2M45Z.png[/img]

here is link for whole manual, i think it is quite usefull

http://www.qattara.it/Documents/fw190a8.pdf

F-15E | F-14A/B

Great, thanks for this Saburo. I was just going through my Osprey collection of military books (I have them all in pdf) and the 190 books in that series. I'll read through the above today, thanks again.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

so summarising all of it F-8 caould run 1.65 ATA and A-8 could run 1.56 at low alt

at high both could run 1.65

similar case with D-9 which is allowed to run lower ATA at 1st supercharger stage

Looks like this limit for A-8 was only becouse A-8 didnt realy needed it while F-8 could use increased T/O power for heavy loads

this engine had to run so rich that after couple of minutes spark plug fouling had to be enormous :P

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

so, the question is what are we going to get here? A Fw 190 A-8 Fighter with let´s say "unique" specification, or a Fw 190 F-8 Jabo? Both of them in clean configuration would be wishful thinking :music_whistling:

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

so, the question is what are we going to get here? A Fw 190 A-8 Fighter with let´s say "unique" specification, or a Fw 190 F-8 Jabo? Both of them in clean configuration would be wishful thinking :music_whistling:

maby both :)

at high both could run 1.65

What is not understandable in sentence below?

Usage of increased emergency power (is) prohibited in second charger gear.

1156463158_C3injection.PNG.f8d8164387198819e62885ca0dd04ed2.PNG

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

At first they thought A-8 but while researching and due to forum comments on how close they are they changed their minds to make both of them. We get first A-8, then F-8 later, or that's my understanding.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

What is not understandable in sentence below?

Usage of increased emergency power (is) prohibited in second charger gear.

That chart says G-8 (I guess that includes F-8 ), is it the same for A-8?

S!

saburo make up your mind finaly first you linked article which state that A-8 can run 1.65 at high alt now you telling me that it cant

acroding to this F-8 and G-8 is the same in boost terms

so what i read out of it is that c3 injection was used to hit 1.65 ata at low alt for F/G-8

But A-8 could run 1.56 ATA without c3 injection and 1.65 ATA whith out c3 incjetion too at for low and high alt

i assume this increased boost from 1.42 to 1.56/1.65 was allowed by use of 100octane fuel

aditional to this c3 injection allowed 1.65 ATA for take off power for F/G-8 versions

So f-8 at 1.65 t/o power with c3 engaged had to smoke crazy :P

4xGHj3g.png

Edited by grafspee

one more time, may be, at least some will... hopefully

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/HcBbwrD.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/NvXeM4k.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/M9cCdlB.jpg[/img]

F-15E | F-14A/B

one more time, may be, at least some will... hopefully

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/HcBbwrD.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/NvXeM4k.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/M9cCdlB.jpg[/img]

Again A-8 can run 1.65 ATA acording to what you just posted i dont realy know ahat are you trying to say here :P

i alredy agree that A-8 dont have c3 injection but as i see it c3 injection was used to lift ATA for t/o power from 1.56 to 1.65 for G/F-8 versions

and 1.42 to 1.56 LOW and 1.65HIGH boost was allowed by use better fuel i assume

Edited by grafspee

Saburo was reacting to "both could run 1.65 at high alt" which seems to be wrong. Only A8 Fighter variant could

A8 fighter variant, which has no C3 injection, could be boosted up to 1.56 ATA while in first supercharger stage (low alt) and up to 1.65 ATA while in second supercharger stage (high alt)

F8 (& G8 ) Jabo/Attack variants were having C3 injection, allowing them to boost up to 1.65 ATA in first supercharger stage, but this boost was prohibited at second supercharger stage. Which means if I'm not mistaken, without boost, F8/G8 were limited to 1.42 ATA at higher alt/second supercharger stage.

If I refer to my (rather pitiful) knowledge of these engines, the nominal power was usually 1.15ATA, combat 1.35, and some of "them" (ie, these kind of Daimler & BMW engines in use in 190s and 109s) were rated to higher pressures for a specific "emergency" regime.The emergency regime for A8 family is 1.42 ATA. it could be boosted to values listed above, but not for F/G8 at second supercharger stage.

At least that's what I undestand of Saburo's docs.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Saburo was reacting to "both could run 1.65 at high alt" which seems to be wrong. Only A8 Fighter variant could

A8 fighter variant, which has no C3 injection, could be boosted up to 1.56 ATA while in first supercharger stage (low alt) and up to 1.65 ATA while in second supercharger stage (high alt)

F8 (& G8 ) Jabo/Attack variants were having C3 injection, allowing them to boost up to 1.65 ATA in first supercharger stage, but this boost was prohibited at second supercharger stage. Which means if I'm not mistaken, without boost, F8/G8 were limited to 1.42 ATA at higher alt/second supercharger stage.

If I refer to my (rather pitiful) knowledge of these engines, the nominal power was usually 1.15ATA, combat 1.35, and some of "them" (ie, these kind of Daimler & BMW engines in use in 190s and 109s) were rated to higher pressures for a specific "emergency" regime.The emergency regime for A8 family is 1.42 ATA. it could be boosted to values listed above, but not for F/G8 at second supercharger stage.

At least that's what I undestand of Saburo's docs.

maby its the case

• ED Team
I know you are very knowledgeable, but here is what Wikipedia says: "Changes introduced in the Fw 190 A-8 also included the C3-injection Erhöhte Notleistung emergency boost system to the fighter variant of the Fw 190 A".

Also the DCS weekly newsletter says "The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations."

Probably it is all regarding the earlier versions. The current plane will not have C3 injection.

UPD: The ability to add 1.58/1.65 is added to the engine already, but for this modification it is disabled due to the variant modelled.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me