Hornet update?

Ragnar65

Find me someone that disagrees.

me

oh nooooooooo no iff!?!? how did i ever fly in coldwar servers...! :rolleyes:

fc3 babies who got too lazy and comfortable with magic iff itt

iff is a core avionic, but there are a bunch of other core avionics too, and not having it shouldnt be the end of the world. in fact, not having iff right now makes roe more realistic than anything, so maybe it's you guys who should rise up to the challenge for once.

Edited by probad

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find me someone that disagrees.

Me. I think more important than fixing combat related systems is to fix flight model & FCS issues, cockpit functionality (like HSI issues and some things not working) and implement more navigation systems first. What good is a fighter if it can kill the enemy but can't land properly without being too dangerous.

no other upcoming system in the F/A-18 is more important and more needed than TWS and IFF

See, above.

Edited by SCU

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

I'm sure IFF AND Flight model AND weapons AND some other stuff can be done in parallel. Its not like they all code on one thing and then move onto the next thing.

Personally I'm not sure what I'd like next. I'f I had to choose between, say, RWR or IFF I'd choose the RWR first.

me

oh nooooooooo no iff!?!? how did i ever fly in coldwar servers...! :rolleyes:

fc3 babies who got too lazy and comfortable with magic iff itt

iff is a core avionic, but there are a bunch of other core avionics too, and not having it shouldnt be the end of the world. in fact, not having iff right now makes roe more realistic than anything, so maybe it's you guys who should rise up to the challenge for once.

People who follow ROE aren't the ones having problems with Blue on Blue. They are the victims E.g. I've not fired on a blue yet. I declare or vid. It's all the special kids that jump onto multiplayer games, but don't bother comms that are the problem.

Funny guy.

Objectively, no other upcoming system in the F/A-18 is more important and more needed than TWS and IFF. The Hornets are seriously lacking in SA, which TWS resolves and even more importantly than TWS is IFF, which will get rid of non stop buddy spikes and fratricide.

If you think I'm wrong, make a poll.

I stand by my previous statement. Find me someone that disagrees.

I do. I have no urgent need for TWS. What I need is a bullseye display somewhere in the FCR. IFF is nice but a working datalink would give way more SA and even without both you can be fine if you talk to people and don’t blindly start lobbing missiles.

Me. I think more important than fixing combat related systems is to fix flight model & FCS issues, cockpit functionality (like HSI issues and some things not working) and implement more navigation systems first. What good is a fighter if it can kill the enemy but can't land properly without being too dangerous.

See, above.

The current navigation suite is more than adequate. Is waiting for INS alignment and entering WP's too much work? There's ADI and TACAN too. The only platforms with better navigation suites than that is the A-10C, KA-50 and probably the AV-8.

FCS needs work too. The handling with full flaps is nonsense and that is likely a priority, if not the highest priority as they've stated. With practise, you can learn to land without risk. However no amounts of practise will help you against people that don't get on comms or don't follow ROE.

Of the combat avionic systems that are the most crucial to implement, TWS and IFF is most critical. IFF isn't merely to make your life easier in engagement, but PROTECT you from other players.

TWS and IFF is not just for AA.

How about this...

How about we let Eagle Dynamics decided what features they should work on based on the difficulty of impliimenting them. “I want IFF” “I want the TGP” “I want JDAMS” “I want...”

They’re not just pulling notes out of the hat and deciding “Let’s work on this”. More importantly they’re not sitting in a room looking at the forums saying “everyone wants the TGP so let’s work on flight physics just to piss them off”

Some things will easy to code and implement. Others will not.

It’s called prioritizing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

BTW: There was a DCS_Updater.exe update early this morning.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

People who follow ROE aren't the ones having problems with Blue on Blue. They are the victims E.g. I've not fired on a blue yet. I declare or vid. It's all the special kids that jump onto multiplayer games, but don't bother comms that are the problem.

Yeah, ok. So noobs shooting down airborne assets don't matter. The lack IFF gets you killed in more ways than one. Relying on AIM-7s greatly increases the need to fire before the other guy, if he's hot. If you have the the advantage of pulling up on his 6, then yeah close in to VID. I did just this since my target wasn't on TS or SRS. As he turned 90 deg and I followed, just as I got in range and ID'd him a flanker pulled up on both our 6's and ET'd us. Having IFF (heck NCTR) would've allowed me to break lock immediately for a chance to catch the sneaky 27. Declare doesn't function (not even in the menu) in the F-18 with AWACs, unless you're talking about a human GCI.

I'd so much appreciate if ED would stop preferring facebook when it comes down to posting new information or even content. Why not up it to all relevant sites at the same time? I do not want to make Zuckerberg any richer than he already is by following that link and let his site collect all the fine data my currently loaded browser is willing to share, 'cos Google (Mozilla FF though, but they're heavily $$$ed by Google).

Just my 2¢, thanks for listening dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The new update has been released - 9004.8 Mb

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Here's what I'm seeing

Update3.thumb.png.a842f95912555a72f18c7378afdbae48.png

Unfortunately nothing about the Flaps, FCS, or FM...

(all which are more objectively more important than IFF ;] )

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Yeah because it’s going to take longer than a week to iron out that stuff. C’mon, common sense people.

Dont worry, there are two stages, once the first one is done, you will download the big one.

You were right, 13 GB remaining now :cry:.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Dont worry, there are two stages, once the first one is done, you will download the big one.
12000Mb first stage, then 19000 the second… :doh:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team

It's only been a week since release and we've already released two updates and a planned hot fix for Friday. Please be patient.