The enjoyable things of Early Access Modules.

blklobo

Dictionary

elitism

/ɪˈliːtɪz(ə)m/

noun

the superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.

"I've been accused of elitism and snobbery because of my views on how one should use DCS"

He's correct though. The online AirQuake crowd is a known minority and the most vocal complainers

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

If the F16 had come out in EA and there had been no drop in effort on the Hornet, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

It is the fact that Ed has taken effort ‘paid’ by those who bought the Hornet and moved it (temporarily - 3 months and counting, so at least 4 months before we see the output of moving them back) to work on something else, and the messaging around doing it has been (from my perspective) poor, and required us asking about the status instead of ED proactively telling us.

Ea is not bad per se, it is how ED uses ea as a catch all to work on what they like, when they like, and not give a proper roadmap that is the problem.

Hi all,

we have had a lot of feedback about early access and we appreciate it.

NO matter your stance, we do appreciate your support.

thank you.

I own both the Hornet and Viper, so I benefit from any update.

But....to release a long awaited feature like TWS into the Viper before the Hornet is extremely poor corporate messaging directed at Hornet owners. There was already a measure of dissatisfaction that Hornet developers were moved to the Viper and this rubs salt into an open wound.

Hopefully, in the future the perception of this messaging will be taken into consideration. Releasing features that are found in both modules should be simultaneous.

I enjoy the digital playground ED has created, look forward to any and all improvements you release and truly hope you take this as the constructive criticism it is meant to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the F16 had come out in EA and there had been no drop in effort on the Hornet, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

It is the fact that Ed has taken effort ‘paid’ by those who bought the Hornet and moved it (temporarily - 3 months and counting, so at least 4 months before we see the output of moving them back) to work on something else, and the messaging around doing it has been (from my perspective) poor, and required us asking about the status instead of ED proactively telling us.

Ea is not bad per se, it is how ED uses ea as a catch all to work on what they like, when they like, and not give a proper roadmap that is the problem.

this was posted in 2017.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

it explains all your answers.

now if what you mean to say is, ED are slow workers and very poor at doing their work, as most that are complaining about things in EA/Stable ver. but just being passive aggressive and just saying their communication is bad and no status updates every 2 weeks. Good luck to you all.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

this was posted in 2017.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

it explains all your answers.

now if what you mean to say is, ED are slow workers and very poor at doing their work, as most that are complaining about things in EA/Stable ver. but just being passive aggressive and just saying their communication is bad and no status updates every 2 weeks. Good luck to you all.

It is sometimes hard to find the right words to describe dissatisfaction when a person is angry. Our relationship with ED is much more long term than with other game companies. ED continuously evolves and updates are usually every two weeks. Do they address what I wanted or expected each update, Nope. They do what fits their workflow. You can be a loyal fan and express dissatisfaction with issues at the same time.

Go check out the DCS modules page. Almost everything that draws new people to DCS is in Early Access, a few have been EA for literally years now and there’s no clear timeframe to release status for any of them.

Viper, Tomcat, Hornet, Harrier, Viggen

Fw-190, I-16, MiG-19, Yak-52, Christian Eagle, even the “WWII Assets Pack”.

Ok, so now you’re pretty far down the DCS products list. Check the forums for the completed modules. With many of them you’re still dealing with major missing features and long standing bugs, slow or no response from developers, lingering lighting issues from the 1.5 to 2 transition (which began over four years ago), VR scaling and texture issues, etc. etc. A few should never have been moved from EA status to begin with. (I personally view the move from EA to Release as more of a module’s slow death sentence than something to be happy about.) And let’s not even mention Combined Arms.

If you want to participate in anything “released” by ED in the last three years it’s going to be in EA. I’d even consider DCS as a whole as primarily an EA product.

The “just wait for the final product” argument doesn’t really hold up anymore.

About finished modules, If you think about it, some modules were actually out of beta, for the DCS version that they were intended to work on. Later came a refresh of DCS world (2.5), so obviously some modules automatically became obsolete and had to be re-made and thus enter a beta or EA state again. Now, in the case of the A10-C module, as the new rage is VR, it has entered a beta state as the cockpit has had to be refreshed to equalize the current standard. Probably the reason why many small bugs of the A-10C are not adressed, is because there was a plan to update the cabin, the lighting etc... all to match the latest and large overhaul of DCS World version and VR demands.

Resuming : its logical that some modules stay more time or even go back to EA or beta state because the whole world around them keeps improving!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I like early access. If you don't...wait till its complete.

Win/Win, just don't buy it and then snivel and pout.

I like Early Access it allows for the gradual learning of systems. Accusations of sniveling and pouting are pretty nasty personal attacks. There is a valid complaint when the first EA purchased product (Hornet) is no longer seeing significant updates, resources are redirected to second purchased EA product (Viper) and long awaited significant updates are applied to the second EA product (Viper) first. It’s their company to run but it is also reasonable for paying customers to raise concerns and ask for future consideration.