Modular Panel WIP

Blue73

Hi Chouclak, these components are unique to the way I've implemented my DDI, it allows me to drive all 20 buttons using only two pins on the Arduino. This may not be relevant to what you're doing? If it is, let me know and I'll produce a cct diagram.

cheers

John

These ! (and a capacitor)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy CAD'ing my UFC. It's not complete yet the top section needs some work and base mounting plate needs to be designed. Like the DDI's, all button headers are 3d printed and connected to push buttons mounted to the rear plate.

A single Nano will drive this panel.

d3cn4J8.png

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73

Thank you. :)

I'll be 3d printing this panel on my Zortrax.

cheers

John

thanks for the heads up, u have me interested in 3d printing now :P . Just looking at your printer and the plus versions, seems a few minor upgrades for a few hundred gbp.

your printer been reliable?

p.s wife is gonna kill me!

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

Reliability and repeatability is the biggest benefit of the M200, you wont have to worry about the printing process. Load up the STL file, come back in the morning and it's done.

Haha, they aren't cheap but what you get is your sanity and free time. Worked mine hard for the past 2 years, still no issues, worth every cent.

If you go the Zortrax route, buy generic ABS, though their filament is high quality it is expensive. I use Zortrax filament for my knobs.

cheers

John

thanks for the heads up, u have me interested in 3d printing now :P . Just looking at your printer and the plus versions, seems a few minor upgrades for a few hundred gbp.

your printer been reliable?

p.s wife is gonna kill me!

Cheers mate. :)

I won't be but I've made the display sections as separate screw in modules, so it can be done.

All buttons are mounted on the same plane so I can wire it up easier. When the button-headers are vapour smoothed they're real slippery so I get no binding. You cannot see in the cut-away, but buttons have corner guides to the rear.

Looks really great! Are you planing on mounting 7 segment display in the UFC?

Really like your thought with the buttons, makes it really affordable to get good buttons with easy wiring!

blue, your work is so impressive, can t find the words for. insane:D

started working with fusion 360 (alot to learn, whats the thickness of your top panels?

width of throttle is 150mm, im guessin lid is around 30mm? , Alot to learn in this program!

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

Lots of great vids on YouTube, I learnt allot from that and Pluralsight.

Top plate is 2mm, bottom is 4.5mm. I went thicker on the bottom so there was zero flex with the controls. Yes lid plan dimensions are 150x40/80/120mm.

cheers

John

started working with fusion 360 (alot to learn, whats the thickness of your top panels?

width of throttle is 150mm, im guessin lid is around 30mm? , Alot to learn in this program!

Lots of great vids on YouTube, I learnt allot from that and Pluralsight.

Top plate is 2mm, bottom is 4.5mm. I went thicker on the bottom so there was zero flex with the controls. Yes lid plan dimensions are 150x40/80/120mm.

cheers

John

thanks buddy, will keep going, hope to get some good panels done :)

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]