Mission Editor Tip: Properly Selecting Multiple Groups

deadlyfishes

So I found out how to successfully select multiple groups in the DCS Mission Editor.

For those that don't know:

You can hold Left Shift and double click to select multiple groups.

However, that doesn't work out to well all the time. Sometimes when selecting the next group, everything deselects. It happens intermittently, so you never know when everything will deselect, and it can be VERY frustrating when you have to select many groups.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH! I found a surefire way to select ALL THE GROUPS YOU WANT without your groups becoming unselected intermittently.

I made a tutorial video here:

${1}

So here's how it goes:

1. Single click the first group
  2. While holding Left Shift, single click a random unselected group, that is NOT the one you want to select next.
  3. While holding Left Shift, single click the group you WANT SELECTED next.
  4. Repeat until all the groups you want are selected. (You may need +1 more extra group if you are trying to select everything on the map.)

Once your desired groups are selected, you can copy and paste them with CTRL+C for copy and CTRL+V for paste.

What's awesome and powerful about the 2.5 merge is that you can copy and paste between mission files that are different maps.

If this doesn't make sense, just watch the video :)

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Good tips. Copy-paste across missions is going to save hundreds of hours all told.

The add-subtract-from selection is based on holding shift and clicking. First click deselects, second clicks selects, and back and forth. It's funny since the first click deselects and probably what you're clicking on isn't selected already so it appears to do nothing.

Anyway it's not a double click so there's no need to go fast (might be more reliable if you space out the clicks). The annoying thing is that shift-click that misses a unit deselects the whole lot (hopefully that gets changed). Also it would be better if the add-to-selection and subtract-from-selection would be based on if the group was in selection or not so you don't deselect already-deselected objects.

Good tips. Copy-paste across missions is going to save hundreds of hours all told.

The add-subtract-from selection is based on holding shift and clicking. First click deselects, second clicks selects, and back and forth. It's funny since the first click deselects and probably what you're clicking on isn't selected already so it appears to do nothing.

Anyway it's not a double click so there's no need to go fast (might be more reliable if you space out the clicks). The annoying thing is that shift-click that misses a unit deselects the whole lot (hopefully that gets changed). Also it would be better if the add-to-selection and subtract-from-selection would be based on if the group was in selection or not so you don't deselect already-deselected objects.

Even sometimes when you space out the clicks, it still intermittently deselects...

I was able to get it everytime doing what I did in the video >_<

Also, we really just need a select all by drawing a box or something...

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 5 years later...

Five years later I still wonder how to move multiple groups without getting pissed every time I'll miss click trying to select another group.
Does anybody know if there's any list of unpublished features for ME like the one where You can use Alt+Click to show the list of overlapping units?
Perhaps there is already way to select multiple groups/units with mouse drag, but it wasn't mentioned anywhere officially yet?

obraz.png

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.