Turn down graphics on Viggen Mirrors?

DarkStar79

I don't know if this applies to VR but there's an option in the 'System' tab - Res. of Cockpit Displays that despite the name also governs mirror fidelity.

I haven't been able to discern any appreciable difference in performance between the various levels available but it might be worth a look.

edit: after you change the values you need to restart DCS before they'll have any effect iirc

same here, I had most things maxed out with mirrors "on" and can get smooth gameplay on other modules, notice lag and stutters when I bought the viggen. I tried the high and low cockpit res. and only able to get the smoothness back when I turned off the mirrors.

an assignable key or ability to enable and disable it in-game would also help

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

same here, I had most things maxed out with mirrors "on" and can get smooth gameplay on other modules, notice lag and stutters when I bought the viggen. I tried the high and low cockpit res. and only able to get the smoothness back when I turned off the mirrors.

an assignable key or ability to enable and disable it in-game would also help

you can disable the mirrors in game. Just search for it. Its a button for it.

you can disable the mirrors in game. Just search for it. Its a button for it.

Flying in VR is currently a little pain, also on my machine.

If I disable mirrors in the options, and then press LALT+M to enable them, they start to work (thought this would never work since disabled in options), and frame rate goes down from 60 to somewhat of 40, which is a really hard hit.

If I press LALT+M again, the last rendered picture stays static on the mirrors, and frame rate goes up to normal values.

Currently I am happy that mirrors exist, since sometimes when flying on normal computer screen I can turn the ON at high settings. In VR this is a whole different story.

I get definitely better results in the MiG-29 currently.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I wish we could have the initial ‘simple’ mirrors that the initial early release version had, as an option. Better than black or static mirrors and gives a little life to the cockpit, without a huge performance loss.

They'll be back.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 year later...