Changing radio's

Cibit

Hi all,

I did look first honest:)

How do I choose which radio I use? I can cope in SRS but trying to communicate with ground crew, tower etc it is not possible to select a radio type that I can find:helpsmilie:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think in RL it is the rotory selector (not simulated) on the front panel, right of the VHF Radio.

For SR you must bind external Buttons.

Yes thanks I am all set up for SR but wanted to contact JTAC today in a SP mission I was making. Can't currently choose which radio I broadcast on

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it even possible to work with a AI JTAC on the Gazelle? Thought this would only possible with an A10 or (with the mod installed) with an KA-50?

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

The entries are there to contact JTAC. I get the F6 menu ok. It is when trying to contact him. I have radio freqs correct. But we need to be transmitting on FM not auto

I had JTAC working with Mi-8 once probably 1.2.8 build things have changed a lot since then under the hood:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it working.

I tuned the freq on Fox Mike to 30.00 and also gave the JTAC a command to broadcast on 30.00FM

That never worked.

Adding 123.00 Victor to the JTAC task in ME and tuning my radio to 123.00 Victor enabled me to contact and recieve 9 line, type 3 in effect:)

I'll just leave the mission here for others to try if they like

Gazelle JTAC test.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it working.

I tuned the freq on Fox Mike to 30.00 and also gave the JTAC a command to broadcast on 30.00FM

That never worked.

Adding 123.00 Victor to the JTAC task in ME and tuning my radio to 123.00 Victor enabled me to contact and recieve 9 line, type 3 in effect:)

I'll just leave the mission here for others to try if they like

Thanks for the reply!

I got it also working on VHF, but here comes the turndown:

At first i tried it with the L-version. No problems at all, JTAC worked as it should.

Then i tried the M-version. The JTAC is responding very fast but gets stuck after the first reply. I guess it has something to do with the non-mapable radio/ics options since it's not possible (yet?) to select a radio and transmit. So transmission is set to auto (like "easy communications" enabled) which causes the JTAC to get stuck (not only in the Gazelle).

The big question is, why is it working in the L-version then?

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals