Transfer of knowledge / code between HB and Eagle - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Koriel

Default Transfer of knowledge / code between HB and Eagle

I know that HB has coded quite a few original things for their own products. The ground radar, own network code for the Tomcat Pilot/Rio and of course Jester.

HB is depended upon Eagle for the DCS code, development API's and such.

I wonder if there is an exchange of code between Eagle and HB possible? I have heard that Eagle has issues with the multi crew code and I wonder if they could use the HB code.

Just wondering, not being hampered by any knowledge. .;-)

Last edited by Koriel; 12-15-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Koriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
bies

I thought about that. After all DCS modules should be as similar in "standard" as possible.

Last edited by bies; 01-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.
bies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bies View Post
I was thought about that. After all DCS modules should be as similar in "standard" as possible.
I am pretty torn on this. I mean you could be like Heatblur who have implemented their own version of several features or you could be like RAZBAM who are waiting for ED to implement features for use on their aircraft. There are pros & cons to both approaches. While Heatblur might have more control over their implementation, they also have to make sure it doesnt break with each update. Meanwhile RAZBAM has not been able to develop aircraft like the AV-8B Plus & F-15E because they do not have ground radar, but once ED implements the API for ground radar RAZBAM wont have to worry about ED breaking their own code for the most part. There is just less to go wrong though they may not be able to have as much control over it as Heatblur can with their own implementation.

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5
Dr.SquirrelBoy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:46 AM   #4
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriel View Post
I wonder if there is an exchange of code between Eagle and HB possible? I have heard that Eagle has issues with the multi crew code and I wonder if they could use the HB code.
ED has functional multi-crew released and known to be working.
HB does not.
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:18 AM   #5
Koriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
ED has functional multi-crew released and known to be working.
HB does not.
Well.. ED has apparently some issues with multi-crew code with regards to side by side/Sharing the same cockpit. HB has written their own net code because they needed better code than what Eagle could provide. And I'm not just talking net code.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
Jarlerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriel View Post
...some issues with... side by side/Sharing the same cockpit. HB has written their own net code...
Yeah, but the F-14 is not a side-by-side cockpit, so it won't help ED anyway
Jarlerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
dimitrischal

Good net code is essential to get the f14 out the door so no wonder they wrote their own code as the code used in the L39 was far from perfect.
I love what heatblur do in their products, trying to provide a complete experience from the ground up and not compromising and really dislike other developers' approach to releasing incomplete modules and leaving them in that state until ED release the base code to implement more features.
More so as i pay full price for both but one of the 2 is clearly a less polished product.

However there has to come a point where multiple implementations of the same thing will become superfluous and will have to be optimized for everyones benefit.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #8
Flamin_Squirrel

Net code? What are you talking about? I doubt HB have any control over it. How they handle shared cockpit probably is, but that's something else.
Flamin_Squirrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #9
dimitrischal

Why is it something else? I don't think they can release the tomcat without tinkering with it but i could be wrong
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #10
Koriel

The whole point was making is that HB had to overcome some deficiencies in the current ED netcode with regards to multi-crewed aircraft. If this code works, could ED implement said code as well on their own multicrewed planes? That's all..