After the Tomcat? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 03:26 AM   #1
carss

Default After the Tomcat?

So since the Tomcat is going full steam ahead, just out of curiosity, been wondering what could be next in the pipeline for DCS by Heatblur? Personally I just hope it's a century series fighter, or a straight wing jet like the F-80 or Dassault Ouragan. Anyhow was just curious, as have always been

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:34 AM   #2
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

Founder & Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 AM   #3
javelina1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

Woot!

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Virpil WarBRD
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:57 AM   #4
carss

Quote:

That is certainly wonderful! However I only hope it does have a combat history behind it, but it's really great to know, keep up the good work

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:02 AM   #5
WolfK33

Quote:
We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.
Complex jet with Heatblur technologies, like for example two-seater and swing wing? Oh please dear god let it be a Tornado IDS, preferably a mid 90s version with a nice JaboG 33 skin . And with the optional model of a young Luftwaffe medic spending his free time standing at the flight line watching flight operations with big eyes and maybe an even bigger boner
WolfK33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:48 AM   #6
Kayos

Quote:

You ROCK !
Old 09-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #7
westr

Another two seat Grumman maybe.
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfK33 View Post
Complex jet with Heatblur technologies, like for example two-seater and swing wing? Oh please dear god let it be a Tornado IDS, preferably a mid 90s version with a nice JaboG 33 skin . And with the optional model of a young Luftwaffe medic spending his free time standing at the flight line watching flight operations with big eyes and maybe an even bigger boner
That's exactly what I thought. I think it's a good bet, because Heatblur technologies that are needed for the Tornado are:
- Ground Mapping Radar
- JESTER AI
- Swept Wing

It would be a dream come true!

Edit: Talking about "expanding the F-14 product", an F-14D would also be very welcomed!

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 09-15-2017 at 07:37 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
westr

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
That's exactly what I thought. I think it's a good bet, because Heatblur technologies that are needed for the Tornado are:
- Ground Mapping Radar
- JESTER AI
- Swept Wing

It would be a dream come true!

Edit: Talking about "expanding the F-14 product", an F-14D would also be very welcomed!
My guess and hope for an F-14 expansion would be an LTS pod for the 'B' and the relevant changes to the cockpit. Well worth paying extra for in my view.
I'm completely with you regarding a Tornado IDS btw. Having a Tomcat and a Tornado would be my ultimate dream. You never know. Fingers crossed.
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #10
amalahama

If it's a Tornado, I will blow up out of satisfaction!!!!!

Regards

amalahama is offline   Reply With Quote