The Forgotten War 1950-1953 Korea PvE

Miles Vorkosigan

We would like to welcome everyone to our new and improved Korean War server. 

The server includes these aircraft for use:

F-86F Sabre

P-51 D Mustang

UH-1H Huey for CSAR. 

We are also using other aircraft to stand in for those that are not yet available:

To fill the ground attack role that was usually tasked to the F-4U Corsair we are using:

P-47D Thunderbolt

Ground commander is available as well

Our server has been updated with two custom missions

A (sort of) recreation of the Battle of Chosin and The Second Battle for Seoul.

The missions have a heavy emphasis on ground attack although there are a lot of unfriendly Migs trying to keep you from completing your assigned tasks. Mig 15s are up there somewhere....so keep your head on a swivel. 

We are using a custom Moose.lua which allows not only the basic features of TASK assignments from the HQ but also the ability to call for smoke on the target's last location. As well as MIST.lua for use of Ciribob's CSAR scripts. 

VR Friendly (Dots only labels)

SrS enabled

Join the server discord for up to date information and voice comms, etc.

WWII Assets Pack is NOT REQUIRED

https://discord.gg/C5C3Kw3

Every Sunday we host a group co-op mission in based around the F-86 Sabre or the Vietnam Era. Everyone is welcome to join us for these missions. Details about the missions are in Discord under the Sunday Group Co-op Mission channel. 

Brians Edit to ECWS Logo.png

Edited by Miles Vorkosigan

• 2 weeks later...

The Saturday Co-op games have been a success (other than nose wheel steering issues). 7-12 pilots for the last four weeks running.

The server is gearing up for Medevac missions featuring the UH-1 Huey. We do have the Bell-47G flyable mod but cannot use it as it breaks the mission for anyone not using the mod.

Thanks to a fellow F-86F Sabre pilot (Dawger) we have a cleaned up mission with lots of PvE and the capability for future improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

The server PC has been upgraded to an i7 8700K @4.5ghz 32gb RAM and an SSD drive. I have also upgraded the internet service but since I am using my home ISP that is not saying much. My service is 400/20. We have had as many as 12 online at once with no issues so hopefully this will work for now. If the server becomes popular I will look further into getting a hosted service.

For those of you have enjoyed the server, let me know if I can make it more fun. For those of you that have not enjoyed it let me know why and I will see if I can improve things.

Having a blast on this server!!

355th_Gunfighter and Boddman (BuDs member) headed out for some mud moving

gRG5c1u.png

Got jumped by MiGs, had to go to defend ourselves. I damaged one.......

PzaR0Do.png

Lucky Casey!!

ACMbrIZ.png

More ground pound, flying wing on another BuDs member, Skyraider, on our way to hit a comms tower tower

Ssmj9eP.png

Full loadout - Two bombs, 8 rockets, half a pack of smoke and a bad attitude!!

VfVqvWG.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this server. I almost never see anyone on it, but it is a great place to hang out and practice when no one else is available. This was my first experience using dot labels. I like it a lot. It makes a huge difference in VR being able to identify red/blue at more realistic ranges instead of having to get to point blank ranges to distinguish the tail controls and/or paint schemes. I have a button mapped to my hotas so I can toggle labels on briefly to IFF, then go back to pure visual combat, which works great for me: best of both worlds. It would be even more fun if I could catch a night with a decent number of people flying on both sides.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have changed the name of the server to: The Korean War.

It is less of a mouthful than "The Forgotten War 1950-1953". And since we started "The Vietnam War" server it just makes more sense in the discord server as well.

Thanks to everyone who logs in and enjoys the server.

I love both servers. I principally like to fly on 5 servers, and these are two of the 5.

The other three are the Storm of War, Cold War, and the other Korea! 1952.

All of these servers have plane sets and environments I love as well as players who like flying/fighting/playing in ways similar to my preferences.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • Miles Vorkosigan changed the title to The Forgotten War 1950-1953 Korea PvE
  • 2 months later...

Very nice server.  Thank you.  Enjoyed the Helicopter CSAR rescue missions in the Huey 🙂

Even managed to pick up my human pilot mate after he bailed out; brilliant!  Trouble was I banked over hard after picking him up and he fell out!  LOL, I had not closed the doors!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

• 10 months later...

For those that don't know it, this server is still around.
The server's name remains "The Forgotten War: Korea 1950-1953", but the IP address has changed as of tonight.
Only a handful of servers have "Korea" in the name, so that is a good term to find this server using the multiplayer search function.
All three missions in the rotation include tasking via the F10 menu.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]