lee1hy

MIG15 AI continuously turning to 7G without black out and losing speed

good job Russia

Stalin's magic is still in 2020 PC SIM again

e0077961_5deceb1200c6b.png

Come out PC pilot datamans

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 1

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

What I "love" about AI MIG-15s is how they can slow down like hitting a brick wall, then once you flew past them they accelerate in a vertical climb doing endless loops.

There is a workaround: Set their skill level to "average", with an occasional "good" or "high" here and there. They won't cheat as much, and dogfighting them becomes feasible again ;)

• Like 1

I think AI could be decisively upgraded only after DCS multi core support implementation.

There will be separate core calculating AI flight models, separate calculating advanced weather, another for improved grapic engine etc.

There are some AMA interviews with Matt Wagner mentioning that.

If AI would use advanced flight models right now there would be probably some big performance hit.

MIG15 AI continuously turning to 7G without black out and losing speed

good job Russia

Stalin's magic is still in 2020 PC SIM again

Dang, now you've got me thinking that the AI flight models aren't realistic! :)

(Hint: They never have been.)

For the best dogfighting experience in the sim, you MUST fly online. No other way to do it. The AI flight models fly like UFOs with the thrust to weight ratio higher than the bloody missiles in the sim.

AI flight models are greatly simplified, so that DCS World can have huge missions with an enormous number of aircraft, without bogging down your CPU.

When flying online against human opponents, each person's CPU is running their own (realistic) flight model. So, there's no bogging down of any one system, and all the planes fly with the high-fidelity flight model (and, of course, each human pilot's skill level.)

Of course, online WW2 flying kinda sucks because you can't just join a server whenever you feel like it and dogfight for fun. WW2 online servers tend to be very organized and you have to join a group, and plan your whole day around it. You can't just jump in and fly--you'll be flying around the map for hours, wasting your time, with nobody to dogfight.

There never seems to be anybody flying in the WW2 "jump in" servers, and that really sucks, because the WW2 fighters are one of the best parts of this sim! It just seems people are much more into the really complex modern jet modules.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

never seems to be anybody flying in the WW2 "jump in" servers

The WW2 subgame needs fleshing out. We need additional ground units and study-level human-pilotable attack aircraft. Mere furballing gets boring after a while.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Dang, now you've got me thinking that the AI flight models aren't realistic! :)

(Hint: They never have been.)

For the best dogfighting experience in the sim, you MUST fly online. No other way to do it. The AI flight models fly like UFOs with the thrust to weight ratio higher than the bloody missiles in the sim.

AI flight models are greatly simplified, so that DCS World can have huge missions with an enormous number of aircraft, without bogging down your CPU.

When flying online against human opponents, each person's CPU is running their own (realistic) flight model. So, there's no bogging down of any one system, and all the planes fly with the high-fidelity flight model (and, of course, each human pilot's skill level.)

Of course, online WW2 flying kinda sucks because you can't just join a server whenever you feel like it and dogfight for fun. WW2 online servers tend to be very organized and you have to join a group, and plan your whole day around it. You can't just jump in and fly--you'll be flying around the map for hours, wasting your time, with nobody to dogfight.

There never seems to be anybody flying in the WW2 "jump in" servers, and that really sucks, because the WW2 fighters are one of the best parts of this sim! It just seems people are much more into the really complex modern jet modules.

AD

Well, WWII is probably the most popular sim era there is, and there are multiple games catering to that era specifically... DCS is pretty much the only modern jet game for quite some time. It's reasonable to.assume that's what the main draw is here.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well, WWII is probably the most popular sim era there is, and there are multiple games catering to that era specifically... DCS is pretty much the only modern jet game for quite some time. It's reasonable to.assume that's what the main draw is here.

You're right, and the jet sims are very well-done, but there's a certain appeal to the stick-and-rudder flying of WW2 fighters for me. They're very 'distilled' combat aircraft.

Unfortunately the 'other' WW2 sim currently popular has very wooden flight models. I had no idea that all those WW2 fighters had fly-by-wire controls with auto-trim! :)

DCS for me, just does a much more convincing job of feeling like flying an airplane instead of just playing another nice-looking video game. That's why I really want much more detailed damage models for the WW2 fighters.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

those WW2 fighters had fly-by-wire controls with auto-trim!

All the more reason for ED to step up their WW2 development. More theatre- and period-accurate ground units, more AI aircraft and more overall coherence is what we need.

We're getting the Mossie and the Jug, and Mag 3 is doing the Corsair. All excellent additions to the base game - and all good AC for us groundpounders - but the overall development is still too disjointed to lure the masses away from all these lesser offerings with wooden FMs and all that "startup checklist: press I" nonsense. Coherence, ladies and gentlemen, more coherence, and they'll come in droves!

im not enthused about them coming in droves to drown us out with demands for dumbed down accessibility options

if they're not already here for the flight and systems modelling, then they're just not appreciative of what makes dcs different than the rest. they'd love nothing more than to turn dcs into 'that other game'

and that's really not what i want to see

Edited by probad

I beg to differ. A coherent and fully modelled era / theatre, a dynamic campaign and some more flyables and they will come. And if the instant ace brigade wants to dumb this down, hell, just ignore them ;)