VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

27 минут назад, edmuss сказал:

If you turn off the simple glass shader in hmd.hlsl on kegetys shader mod it gets rid of the static cockpit reflections. I've noticed no significant loss of performance because of it.

Cockpit glass and HUD I solved by liveries and some textures from mods, but how to kill reflections from instruments on a10c and Ka-50? Will backup my fxo and metashaders and give it a try later today.

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

so 

#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  0

?

17 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

Cockpit glass and HUD I solved by liveries and some textures from mods, but how to kill reflections from instruments on a10c and Ka-50? Will backup my fxo and metashaders and give it a try later today.

Yup 🙂

That gets rid of the static baked in reflections on the A10 and KA50 for me, both from HUD, canopy and guages/MFDs

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Simple canopy = 0

and

albedo supersampling = 4 (edit: whatever the maximum value is)

are my immediate go to changes on the various versions of kegetys mod. I simply cannot get 3Dmigoto to work along side it* and I personally see better quality and performance with Clearwater.

*The albedo supersampling gives better text clarity for me than the HUD/MFD sharpening.

Edited by edmuss
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

1 hour ago, edmuss said:

Simple canopy = 0

and

*The albedo supersampling gives better text clarity for me than the HUD/MFD sharpening.

so 

#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4

?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

This is what I'm using, and it works well. But obviously still shimmers 😞

// optimisations: change 1 to 0 to disable
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS 1 // Use less samples in shadow mapping
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_GRASS   0 // Simplified grass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  0 // Simplified canopy glass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_HG      1 // Simplified histogram calculation
#define ENABLE_NO_BLOOM       1 // Disable bloom & color grading
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_TRANS   0 // Enable simple transparent object shading (propellers, smoke, etc.)

// improvements
#define ENABLE_DITHERING          1 // Use dithering in HDR tonemap to reduce banding, may cause moire artifacts at edges of lenses
#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4 // Albedo texture supersampling. 0=off, 1=2x, 2=4x, 3=6x, 4=8x
#define ENABLE_TERRAIN_SHADOW_MS  1 // Read multi-sampled terrain shadows
#define ENABLE_ATOC               1 // Enable alpha-to-coverage
#define NVG_GAIN_ADJUSTS_POSITION 0 // with this enabled the NVG gain control instead adjusts the vertical position allowing in-game adjustment with fixed gain (NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET is ignored)

// other settings
#define NVG_SIZE                  2.5     // size of the NVG scope (larger value = smaller scope)
#define NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET       0.07    // vertical position of the NVG scope, for allowing to "look under" the goggles at instruments
#define NVG_NOISE_STR             0.035   // NVG noise strength
#define NVG_HOTPIXEL_THRESHOLD    0.99983 // NVG noise threshold for "hot" pixels

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

15 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

so 

#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4

?

Yup that's the one, seems to clean up the cockpit text a little.

• Thanks 1

Rolling back to 2.5.6 front you also loose the various aircraft systems additions added since then? Like DTOS and other hmcs improvements to the f16 for example?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 часа назад, edmuss сказал:

Simple canopy = 0

and

are my immediate go to changes on the various versions of kegetys mod. I simply cannot get 3Dmigoto to work along side it* and I personally see better quality and performance with Clearwater.

Did some testing and simple canopy = 0 doesn't seem like a good solution, it eats around 10% of GPU although indeed solves reflection problem - if I use it I can't do PD 1.1 and I'd very much prefer to as it looks great with msaa 4x. Also didn't notice difference between #define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS 4 and 2, 2 is good enough for full res Quest 2 though. Will try to find a way to kill responsible texture and see how it goes.

29 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Rolling back to 2.5.6 front you also loose the various aircraft systems additions added since then? Like DTOS and other hmcs improvements to the f16 for example?

Yes because thats not included in 2.5.6. Thats the whole point of rolling back.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

3 hours ago, edmuss said:

Yup 🙂

That gets rid of the static baked in reflections on the A10 and KA50 for me, both from HUD, canopy and guages/MFDs

This is what I use for the A-10, I think it's a Taz mod.

DCS1.JPG

1 hour ago, zildac said:

This is what I'm using, and it works well. But obviously still shimmers 😞

// optimisations: change 1 to 0 to disable
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_SHADOWS 1 // Use less samples in shadow mapping
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_GRASS   0 // Simplified grass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY  0 // Simplified canopy glass
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_HG      1 // Simplified histogram calculation
#define ENABLE_NO_BLOOM       1 // Disable bloom & color grading
#define ENABLE_SIMPLE_TRANS   0 // Enable simple transparent object shading (propellers, smoke, etc.)

// improvements
#define ENABLE_DITHERING          1 // Use dithering in HDR tonemap to reduce banding, may cause moire artifacts at edges of lenses
#define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS         4 // Albedo texture supersampling. 0=off, 1=2x, 2=4x, 3=6x, 4=8x
#define ENABLE_TERRAIN_SHADOW_MS  1 // Read multi-sampled terrain shadows
#define ENABLE_ATOC               1 // Enable alpha-to-coverage
#define NVG_GAIN_ADJUSTS_POSITION 0 // with this enabled the NVG gain control instead adjusts the vertical position allowing in-game adjustment with fixed gain (NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET is ignored)

// other settings
#define NVG_SIZE                  2.5     // size of the NVG scope (larger value = smaller scope)
#define NVG_VERTICAL_OFFSET       0.07    // vertical position of the NVG scope, for allowing to "look under" the goggles at instruments
#define NVG_NOISE_STR             0.035   // NVG noise strength
#define NVG_HOTPIXEL_THRESHOLD    0.99983 // NVG noise threshold for "hot" pixels

Are these lines you're adding to _HMD.hlsl  ?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

12 минут назад, Sr. сказал:

DCS1.JPG

This is how I got rid of reflections from cockpit glass and HUD without any loss in FPS for a10c and Ka-50 (devrim textures), but how to do the same with instruments is still unknown to me. 3dmigoto allowed to kill all cockpit reflections on a shader level and it worked for the price of ~3-5% GPU, but I don't have a version for 2.5.6, unfortunately. Looked through textures but can't really understand where these reflections are coming from.

Edited by Fiztex

48 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

Did some testing and simple canopy = 0 doesn't seem like a good solution, it eats around 10% of GPU although indeed solves reflection problem - if I use it I can't do PD 1.1 and I'd very much prefer to as it looks great with msaa 4x. Also didn't notice difference between #define ENABLE_DIFFUSE_SS 4 and 2, 2 is good enough for full res Quest 2 though. Will try to find a way to kill responsible texture and see how it goes.

I'll have a play with the simple canopy on/off and see if I can notice a difference, it may be that there is performance gain but I just never noticed it with all the other changes I've made. I'm certainly not as thorough as @speed-of-heat at testing and recording!

If you're using Nvidia, enable MFAA and knock MSAA down to 2x, big performance jump there 🙂

Только что, edmuss сказал:

I'll have a play with the simple canopy on/off and see if I can notice a difference, it may be that there is performance gain but I just never noticed it with all the other changes I've made. I'm certainly not as thorough as @speed-of-heat at testing and recording!

If you're using Nvidia, enable MFAA and knock MSAA down to 2x, big performance jump there 🙂

I don't think MFAA works with DCS, but will give it a try.

Just now, Fiztex said:

I don't think MFAA works with DCS, but will give it a try.

It does, and very well indeed 🙂

Beirut rooftops with mostly high settings 2x MSAA+MFAA is as good as 4x MSAA but frametimes are 16-18 rather than 22-26.

6 minutes ago, tomeye said:

Where do you enable MFAA, in nvidia control panel maybe?

Yes, MFAA only works if MSAA is applied to the output. Turning MFAA on if you don't run MSAA in dcs does nothing.

8 минут назад, edmuss сказал:

It does, and very well indeed 🙂

Beirut rooftops with mostly high settings 2x MSAA+MFAA is as good as 4x MSAA but frametimes are 16-18 rather than 22-26.

You are right, it really does, thanks 😀 Also switched off trees and objects shadows with this:

And now I have 30% of my GPU to spare on something else

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sr. said:

DCS1.JPG

They're already in _HMD.hsl.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Good stuff, I like the terrain shadows so I leave them in and take the frametime hit.

If I can run over Beirut rooftops at 22ms peak then I'm happy, running at 60hz I still have bags of GPU overhead (up to 30ms before motion smoothing drops out). If I go skyward then frametimes are down to 13-15ms on the same settings.

2 минуты назад, edmuss сказал:

Good stuff, I like the terrain shadows so I leave them in and take the frametime hit.

If I can run over Beirut rooftops at 22ms peak then I'm happy, running at 60hz I still have bags of GPU overhead (up to 30ms before motion smoothing drops out). If I go skyward then frametimes are down to 13-15ms on the same settings.

Terrain shadows are still there in 2.5.6 with that mod, so the sunsets and dawns are not ruined, only trees and buildings shadows are nerfed and I can live without them. Ended up with 1.15 PD and msaa 2x + MFAA and it looks the best I've seen so far 😁 I'm targeting 72 fps and motion smoothing is disabled, so I need everything I can get with as much clarity as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiztex said:

Terrain shadows are still there in 2.5.6 with that mod, so the sunsets and dawns are not ruined, only trees and buildings shadows are nerfed and I can live without them. Ended up with 1.15 PD and msaa 2x + MFAA and it looks the best I've seen so far 😁 I'm targeting 72 fps and motion smoothing is disabled, so I need everything I can get with as much clarity as possible.

There is no terrain shadows PROJECTION from mountains. Look my pictures in the other thread for a comparison.