F86 Engine Sound is Gone!

guitarnerd666

The fix is currently in open beta, if you are not seeing it try a repair.

Mine only updated to 33921 today.

The sound is there but doesn't alter with the throttle movement and is accompanied by an irritating looping noise.

Can you tell me where this repair facility lives.

Thanks.

Edited by Holbeach
removed 1 line

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• ED Team
Bignewy,

Have you heard anything as to when the F-86 fix will be available in public version?

Thanks.

no sorry we are not given that sort of info, at a guess it will not be long

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Mine only updated to 33921 today.

The sound is there but doesn't alter with the throttle movement and is accompanied by an irritating looping noise.

Also the inverter light doesn't come on.

Can you tell me where this repair facility lives.

Thanks.

repair should be in your start menu / eagle dynamics / open beta if you are not using steam, if you are using steam you will need to do an integrity check via the steam properties of dcs

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

repair should be in your start menu / eagle dynamics / open beta if you are not using steam, if you are using steam you will need to do an integrity check via the steam properties of dcs

OK, I understand that I'm only hearing background sounds and not the main engine sound, which also affects saved replays.

I have 33921 and not the latest 34087, but when I do get it there won't be a fix for the problem.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• ED Team

Replays / tracks can be troublesome between patches, my guess is it will replay fine as it is only a sound issue.

If you do not have the open beta I would be happy to try your replay to see if it works for you.

PM me if you wish with the track file

Replays / tracks can be troublesome between patches, my guess is it will replay fine as it is only a sound issue.

If you do not have the open beta I would be happy to try your replay to see if it works for you.

PM me if you wish with the track file

I'll put the track file here to see if it's the same as other people have.

I was to use this for a video, which is now useless since 33921.

It shows the in cockpit sound is all there except for the excellent engine whine and people who have just bought the F 86 might think this is normal and is just crap sound.

Edited by Holbeach

• ED Team

just watched the replay in open beta the external sound is working for me, you should have no issues :)

just watched the replay in open beta the external sound is working for me, you should have no issues :)

What's the external sound got to do with anything?

It's the cockpit sound that doesn't work.

I don't have open beta, I have 1.2.11.33921.

Where's the icon that shows me banging my head on a wall?

• ED Team

All sounds worked fine for me on the replay

Next time if the issue you are having is different from the reported one in an original thread please make a new thread to save any confusion.

Where's the icon that shows me banging my head on a wall?

do not worry I sometimes wonder why I bother trying to help

Edited by BIGNEWY
  • Like 1

All sounds worked fine for me on the replay

do not worry I sometimes wonder why I bother trying to help

You try to help as part of the ED Testers Team.

I try to help you by supplying track and bug files.

You are watching it on open beta which has no problem.

I am watching it on Public, which has rendered the F 86 useless at the last update.

Hence frustration.

Regards.

You try to help as part of the ED Testers Team.

I try to help you by supplying track and bug files.

You are watching it on open beta which has no problem.

I am watching it on Public, which has rendered the F 86 useless at the last update.

Hence frustration.

Regards.

Latest public version is 1.2.11.33921.545, which introduced the engine sound bug a couple of days ago.

Current openbeta is 1.2.11.34087.547 (released yesterday), which fixes the engine sound bug.

That means that you either have to wait (a few days, I suppose) until the open beta version is released into the public version

OR

you have to use the DCS World OpenBeta to get the patch asap. That would require a separate installation - if you don't have that, yet.

Afaik there is no need to be overly frustrated - besides about this, seemingly, misunderstanding at hand in this thread. It will all be good, Soon! :o)

Flagrum.

Thanks, that clears it up nicely. I'm quite happy to wait for the fix for my favourite plane, the F-86.

Meanwhile back to the F-15.

Regards.

Yippeeeeee.

New update today has cleared the engine sound problem. :thumbup:

Back to loft bombing practice. :pilotfly:

Where's that Ironhand tutorial! :book:

A footnote to this rather emotive subject of bugs and updates.

There is of course a simple alternative to progress being made with small wrinkles appearing in the process.

They could simply draw a line under development and leave everything as it is. It would solve the issue of more new bugs appearing - which given the complexity of the code are almost inevitable, after all, we live in the real world and not cloud cuckoo land!

Or you could just exercise a little patience and forbearance, and accept that shit happens. Get with the program guys, and give the developers a break. If you can't then I feel sorry for you because you'll end up either walking away from the best thing to hit the world of flight simming - ever, or you'll go crazy.

Either way, you'll get my sympathy.

• 5 years later...

Hang in there. At least one dev. is looking into it. I submitted my log and trk files a month or so ago and it looks like it's map F10 button or otherwise 3D sound related. Check and see if you have other sounds like external and other aircraft. If so then this is a well documented bug and recently is getting long awaited attention. Experiment with the F10 map view key in the meantime and see if you can confirm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• ED Team

Closing this old thread as we have it reported here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174468

Thanks