VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Geee...

There are three radios in the A-10C, so my MIC switch FWD is AM, DOWN is UHF, and AFT is FM. All good.

If I switch to F-18, I only have 2 radios, where by VAICOM default, MIC FWD keys COMM1, MIC DOWN keys radio COMM2. But in the real plane you need to move MIC switch to AFT to key Radio2/COMM2.

What should I change to have MIC AFT to be COMM2, but only for F-18, but not for all other planes? So that A-10C can remain the same...

I did not remove it, I just unchecked in Editor the "When I say" box, so all checkboxes are now empty. Or should I phisically delete it maybe, to make way for the "Briefing" command from the old daisychained "DCS" profile of mine?

I did not remove it, I just unchecked in Editor the "When I say" box, so all checkboxes are now empty. Or should I phisically delete it maybe, to make way for the "Briefing" command from the old daisychained "DCS" profile of mine?
I am sooooo goddamn mf stuuupid!!!

But thank you Sir for making me thing and use my brain!!!

I fixed it!!!! Thank you!!!!

But first! To test commands in your other "general DCS VA profile", select the profile instead of VAICOM. You've probably done this already. When all is good there, it will of course work in VAICOM as well, EXCEPT for conflicting keywords that are already used by VAICOM. Like your "briefing" or my "close canopy".

What I just did to test something, can't believe I didn't see this earlier, I simply changed the "close canopy" keyword in VAICOM to "RIO close canopy". Apply and the copy paste finish process. And now I can say close canopy in any module.

So, simply change the "briefing" in the keyword in the editor. (No need to make an alias).

I'm so happy right now!!! Game changer for me.

As for the difference in the A-10 and F/A-18. You're about realism, right?

Unfortunately I think you must change the TX buttons pre flying the different modules, unless @Hollywood_315 makes it possible to have seperate TX buttons for different modules. We should request this, as im pretty sure it's not really hard to do, as VAICOM knows your module anyway.

I have the same in certain helicopter modules.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You are most welcome ! :smartass:

1. So I need to edit any conflicting keyword in VAICOM? What is " Apply and the copy paste finish process."?

2. Also, how can I make Chatter coming from my headphone, and not from my desktop loudspeaker?

Maybe in VoiceAttack/Options/Audio tab I should change "Windows Media Audio Playback Device on Startup" from Desktop Loudspeaker to my Headphone?

Thanks

You are most welcome ! :smartass:

1. So I need to edit any conflicting keyword in VAICOM? What is " Apply and the copy paste finish process."?

2. Also, how can I make Chatter coming from my headphone, and not from my desktop loudspeaker?

Maybe in VoiceAttack/Options/Audio tab I should change "Windows Media Audio Playback Device on Startup" from Desktop Loudspeaker to my Headphone?

Thanks

1. Yes. That did the trick for me.

2. Currently I'm only using headset, but when I had speakers too, I believe I did it this way.

VAICOM control panel. Audio, turn on the REDIR switch from "OFF" to "OPER", and select your output. If you want your "Chatter" to autopan from left to right, or only in left/right/both. Use the "CHTR" slider.

Allright! I need som help with the manual radio tuning.

Cannot get it to work, so I might need to train MS speech some more.

I can get it to recognize "Select Channel 10". But nothing happens.

I know this module dependent. So what modules do you guys have it working in?

What is " Apply and the copy paste finish process."?

Meant "Finish" instead of "Apply".

The steps one must ALWAYS do after changing anything in the "Keywords Editor".

Basically it tells you what to do when you press "Finish".

Do this:

Edit anything in the "Keyword Editor"

Click "Finish". (In the background ALL of the keywords are copied to the Windows Clipboard)

Go back to the Voice Attack window. Click "Edit profile/Alt-e"

Scroll down to the "Keywords Collections" line

Double click it

Press "Delete" on your keyboard. (ALL the keywords there should have been selected)

Press "Ctrl-v" on your keyboard to paste keywords from the Windows Clipboard

Click "OK"

Click "Done"

That's it.

If this is the case, did I mess up anything by going into the VoiceAttack Editor (with VAICOM profile loaded), in the VAICOM "Briefing" line I unchecked the "When I say something" checkbox, then OK-d and Applied the box unchecking? Then realized it didn't work, so reversed the whole thing?

2. Now while I'm typing, every time I press any of the top row numeric keys, there is a short squelch brake audible in my desktop loudspeaker? What is it? Am I supposed to hear it from my headphone during DCS?

THanks

Thanks

If this is the case, did I mess up anything by going into the VoiceAttack Editor (with VAICOM profile loaded), in the VAICOM "Briefing" line I unchecked the "When I say something" checkbox, then OK-d and Applied the box unchecking? Then realized it didn't work, so reversed the whole thing?

2. Now while I'm typing, every time I press any of the top row numeric keys, there is a short squelch brake audible in my desktop loudspeaker? What is it? Am I supposed to hear it from my headphone during DCS?

THanks

Thanks

1. Actually I'm at a loss here. I don't have any such "Briefing"line. But as long as you just rechecked it should be okay.

2. In Voice Attack, edit the VAICOM profile. Check that the TX buttons aren't configured to 1-6 on the keyboard. I believe they are by default. So basically you press the TX buttons when you type. :music_whistling:

Ahhh. You ment the *briefing* keyword in the "Keyword Collections".

Well, when you checked off the "when I say" box. You just basically disabled voice commands in the profile, and re-enabled when you checked it again. So no, you're totally fine.

Is things working for you now?

I might have found a way two have different joystick buttons for the TX buttons, in different modules.

It's not sexy, and has a little overhead, though simple if one keeps the tongue straight. Or rather your head!

I'll try to test it today, and come back with the results.

Yeah, I said I have a collision between VAICOM-profile "Briefing" command and my daisy-chained old "DCS" profile Briefing command. Question was, is it enough if I uncheck "When I say" in the VAICOM briefing command line in the Editor? But when I treid it, the OTHER one from "DCS" profile still did not work. So apparently it was not enough to uncheck, as the old still didn't work. :smartass: :D

No worries. I understood F vs take!

Yes, check the "options setting". That might be it.

I struggled with this before. So I manually added both "options" and all of the "take 1, take 2..." etc to the MS voice dictionary to get it working. I've also checked the "sound cue" setting in control panel, so I will hear if it doesn't understand me.

Hope you fix it!

It worked!! ticked the "allow option" on configuration tab, and now saying "options" bring menu up and I can navigate through it via "take" words.

Thanks mate!!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Yeah, I said I have a collision between VAICOM-profile "Briefing" command and my daisy-chained old "DCS" profile Briefing command. Question was, is it enough if I uncheck "When I say" in the VAICOM briefing command line in the Editor? But when I treid it, the OTHER one from "DCS" profile still did not work. So apparently it was not enough to uncheck, as the old still didn't work. :smartass: :D

This will not work, because you then disable all the keywords, but no harm done as long as you re-enable.

So, as long as do follow the steps to change the keywords inside VAICOM control panel, and paste them in the "VAICOM Voice Attack profile" keywords, you're good to go.

Gonna do some garden work, but if you have more questions or anything I wrote was unclear. I'll get tom them later.

I tested your TX button issue, and it worked perfectly, so I'll post my findings later as well.

This will not work, because you then disable all the keywords, but no harm done as long as you re-enable.

So, as long as do follow the steps to change the keywords inside VAICOM control panel, and paste them in the "VAICOM Voice Attack profile" keywords, you're good to go.

I tested your TX button issue, and it worked perfectly, so I'll post my findings later as well.

So if I want to change anything in the VAICOM profile, I must do it on the VAICOM Control Panel, Keyword editor, is that correct?

2. In Voice Attack, edit the VAICOM profile. Check that the TX buttons aren't configured to 1-6 on the keyboard. I believe they are by default. So basically you press the TX buttons when you type. :music_whistling:

So for this, I do not need to go into VAICOM Keywords Editor, right? I just simply open Voice Attack profile editor, and near the end of profile, in the "Push-to-Talk" command group I simply double click the TX commands line by line, and take out the checkmarks from the "When I press key" checkboxes for each TX command.

After pressing Apply and Done, do I need any copy-paste dance to replace any old line of commands with any new line?

So for this, I do not need to go into VAICOM Keywords Editor, right? I just simply open Voice Attack profile editor, and near the end of profile, in the "Push-to-Talk" command group I simply double click the TX commands line by line, and take out the checkmarks from the "When I press key" checkboxes for each TX command.

After pressing Apply and Done, do I need any copy-paste dance to replace any old line of commands with any new line?

Correct. Whatever you do in the VAICOM Voice Attack profile stayes there.

And the only time you have to the copy-paste dance routine, is whenever you do change something in the keywords editor in the VAICOM control panel.

Like I said the other day, you make me think. So I'm gonna write a little thing about VAICOM for new users that might be of interest on how this thing works related to Voice Attack, as it might be confusing. It was for me 4 years ago. And I didn't understand the difference between VAICOM and VA.

I'll also explain how to use different TX joystick buttons for different modules. Works perfectly. Hint: multiple VAICOM VA profiles. I just gonna check out the profile switching commands in VA first.

So if I want to change anything in the VAICOM profile, I must do it on the VAICOM Control Panel, Keyword editor, is that correct?
Well, you're issue. You want to use "briefing" as a command in your own Voice Attack profile that is separate from the VAICOM profile. Enter VAICOM control panel, edit "briefing" to "mission briefing" for instance. Click finish and do the song and dance, and you're all set!

Yeah, I went for the less resistance. I changed Briefing in the old DCS profile of mine.

But for the life of me, I can't "talk" the wingmen into using "Engage with...". Last row in the Listening window is always "Waiting for input..." or "Recognized but rejected for 58/60 probability" or something along this line...

Yeah, I went for the less resistance. I changed Briefing in the old DCS profile of mine.

But for the life of me, I can't "talk" the wingmen into using "Engage with...". Last row in the Listening window is always "Waiting for input..." or "Recognized but rejected for 58/60 probability" or something along this line...

I wrote a frigging essay, and for the first time ever, my phone didn't warn me about the battery state... Looost.

Basically, neither VAICOM nor Voice Attack can be blamed as neither does the Speech-to-Text. Microsoft Speech Recognition does.

Only advise I can give is train MS Speech, again, again, again and again and again again. And then you'll find certain words it just won't comprehend, and you add those to the MSSR dictionary, and add speech to them. Even then some will be tough.

I've been forced to change things as it will never understand. Ground, apply, air etc.

"Chief, connect external power. Chief connect compressor"...

These I've added as aliases.

In your example it seems like my radio tuning issue. I've the same problem weather i use VAICOM or one of Bailey's profiles. It comes down to MSSR. And you'll see what's missing in the log. And the VA icon will tell you when it doesn't understand...

But! There's one profile that never seems to fail. One for BMS, you'll find it on the Veteran's Gaming site. I'm gonna look more into it. What he's doing is pretty cool. He's added ignore keywords...

Download and have a look, even if you ain't using BMS.

Hi Hollywood and fellow simmers,

Firstly thank you so much for your wonderful software, it is absolutely awesome and for the price you charge so cheap. I bought it only yesterday. Now to be an idiot, I had it working yesterday and had issues with it not recognising the words ATC or JTAC. I tried to manually train it but stupid MS Speech Recognition was being a dick. Anyway after that everything went wrong.

So I was able to do the training and could see VoiceAttack responding with the correct word. After doing all of that the first time now it looks like the MS Speech Recognizer is not loading the keyword list, it says Offline keyword training initialized and when I say a word from the list it either pops up with a select word dialog or is typing the word I say.

Please help, I've lost all my hair from trying to work this out. I've been looking and searching for hours and have finally conceded I need assistance.

I've looked at settings for the Speech Recognition, tried uninstalling Viacom and VA multiple times. Nothing I try works.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

Edited by tromac2010

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]