Adding DP ports - options

Hello All,

I recently put together my new system - in signature - and realized I made a big mistake: I should have gotten the Aorus 2080 Super rather than the Windforce, as I need the extra ports available in the Aorus version!

I am running 3 40" TV via DP to HDMI cables and the Rift.

Now, I am planning to upgrade to the Rift S but I have no DP ports available and the Rift S needs a DP instead of the current HDMI needed by the Rift.

Not sure I can return the card, so only option is to buy an extra 2080 Super and run it in SLI - I know I won't see any benefits, but I would purely do it for the extra ports I need.

Thoughts? :)

Cheers!

E.

X570 Aorus Pro Wifi - Ryzen 3700X - 32Gb GSkill 3600Mhz - Gigabyte RTX2080 Super Windforce - Lian Li Dynamic - Oculus Rift

HDMI to DisplayPort cable? It sounds like you are using DisplayPort to HDMI for your TVs.

Most likely will not work, I have yet to see anyone successfully able to do this.

You would be best served if you can sell your current GPU card and get one more appropriate for your needs.

I would not try two card/sli , would likely be even more headache.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|