Track recording corrupted ???

I just recorded a complete take off and carrier landing, pitch dark, during a storm and with 3m visibility max, and I have been unable to watch the recording properly.

everytime I end up somehwere else than I originally was. instead of landing on the carrier, I fly like 200yards to the right of it... like the wind or something is different in the track..

is that a known bug ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Tracks are horribly broken, as always :music_whistling: Carrier launches seem even worse, they seem to fail about 100% of the time but i'd guess it's a known issue by now.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

By my own experience, track recording does not like:

- ESC or pause

- Time acceleration

- Stutters

That also goes for watching the track sometimes. You can watch it three times and might end up seeing three different replays in the worst case. Try reducing the settings and avoid interacting with the in-sim time.

And it's like a drifting INS module. The longer it is, the more off it probably goes. Best for bug reporting is just doing short snippets instead of taking 2h long flights.

Sometimes it's module dependant as well, for example I can almost never get a working replay with reversing the Viggen on the ground. Other case I noticed was perfect replay of my Harrier flights, but the TGP laser was always off.

All in all, this is known and I'm pretty certain the devs are doing their best to optimize these things, but they also have other priorities, like bringing us that Hornet module and such.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I've been experiencing the same. I believe it might be carrier-start related in this case. Would be interesting to see if you start on land, then fly out and interact with the carrier, if the same issues persist through the track.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

• ED Team
Replays work only for FC3 aircraft NOTHING ELSE

incorrect

I look at tracks all day long, it is hit and miss for all track recordings regardless of aircraft. short tracks work better, when I reproduce something I make it as short as possible for the dev team. Mulitplayer tracks especially large ones are less likely to work.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

incorrect

I look at tracks all day long, it is hit and miss for all track recordings regardless of aircraft. short tracks work better, when I reproduce something I make it as short as possible for the dev team. Mulitplayer tracks especially large ones are less likely to work.

So you’re saying it’s a bug?

There are a lot of content creators, myself included, who would like the tracks to be reliably played back, and have more friendly UI controls to interact with it. The former being of a higher priority right now.

In my testing, it seems spawning from a carrier corrupts the user’s track reliably. My suspicion is that the sim takes the player’s movement at spawn as “zero” so if the deck is pitching, rolling, and moving, then that “zero” will be thrown off for the rest of the track

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with the carrier landings.

In the past I never watched tracks inside DCS. I would always use Tacview, but with the introduction of the Hornet and carrier landings changed all that. The DCS track recorder is a very useful feature.

Been practicing my Case 1 carrier recoveries and, once I finish after an hour or so, I like to watch what I did in 3rd person. 1st landing always works as expected with the track recording, but on the 2nd I am WAY off course and land in the middle of the ocean off to the left or right side of the carrier. Annoying at times because I really want to see the landings I believe I nailed based on what I saw from the ball/tree.

Edited by dadunn1700