Two different landing gear sounds

corn322

I don't know what it takes to reproduce, but I've noticed two different sounds for the landing gear. Sometimes when I pull the gear up, I get a solid "clunk, clunk, clunk" sound, other times I get a light "clop, clop, clop."

Has anyone else heard this?

I can confirm this, but not explain.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Sound randomization via code, no bug

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

The doors on my car don't randomly make different sounds when I close them. They sound the same each time, because they are the same each time. What changes about the Mig-21 doors to make them sound different?

The doors on your car are not several feet away from you like the landing gear is. Also, your car is not in pressurize vessel like the aircraft cockpit is and I assume you don't drive with a helmet on and have radio communication.

Sounds have always been and will always be subjective. Even if you had a recording studio in a RL cockpit of an operational aircraft, I think it would be hard to duplicate what individual people hear.

As for why the door would sound different? My guess ( base on experience on other aircraft) weather plays role in sound, speed of the aircraft.

For example, to me jet engine always seem louder in cold rainy days, emphasis on seems, like a said: "Subjective topic".

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

But closing the gear doors at different speeds and AoA of the aircraft (cause of different takeoff weights) putting different forces to them and so the sound changes. Flying through the living environment and air and not in a laboratory with always the same conditions.

I think it gives a better feel, since most of us don't have a force feedback chair to feel something, so the sounds are really important in desktop sims.