How much was A-10C on first release?

imacken

Can anyone remember?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes, 59$. It was in 2010 though, games were generally cheaper back then.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yes, 59$. It was in 2010 though, games were generally cheaper back then.

You never bought games "back then". PS3 games, NES games etc if you ever went to a store and bought them out the door was 65$.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

You never bought games "back then". PS3 games, NES games etc if you ever went to a store and bought them out the door was 65$.

Console games were always high priced, but PC games are definately becoming more expensive. You did not have to buy 60 bucks for earlier CoD titles as you do now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DCS: A-10C Warthog (English download BETA 4 version)

Your serial number(s):

XXXX

Access to a closed Beta forum has been granted to you. If you are not registered on forums.eagle.ru, you can get access to this forum on DCS: A-10C Warthog (English download BETA 4 version) product page after you register on the forums.eagle.ru.

$59.99

$59.99

Total amount: $59.99

That was by far the most expensive game I ever purchased up to that point.

Also one of the best investments ever. :smartass:

• Like 1

Indeed! The A-10C was, and IS, an awesome module! :thumbup::pilotfly:

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Indeed it does. Next landmark in your virtual world FA/18 :)

Excited about the Hornet. Still, it’s 33% more expensive. Was there really much more work put into it than the Warthog? (Only asking, it’s not an intended criticism of pricing policy!)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Excited about the Hornet. Still, it’s 33% more expensive. Was there really much more work put into it than the Warthog? (Only asking, it’s not an intended criticism of pricing policy!)

Just looking at the aircraft capabilities in real life (radar A2A/A2G, SEAD, carriers, supersonic, etc.) I bet there was much more work put into it than the Warthog.

Or will be, as the aircraft we are getting initially in EA will be much more limited.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Just looking at the aircraft capabilities in real life (radar A2A/A2G, SEAD, carriers, supersonic, etc.) I bet there was much more work put into it than the Warthog.

Maybe, but the work done on the Warthog was the cornerstone for everything ED has done since, and BS2 and the A-10C were the proving ground for things like 6DOF and fully clickable cockpits, not to mention AFM. A lot of work went into developing all that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Well - have a look at any thing else (milk here is 40% more now than 8 years ago).

Not actually true at all! Some things have gone up and some things haven't. In fact, a lot of stuff is cheaper now than 8 years ago, e.g. most electronics.

All that is relevant is the price of games, and frankly, with one or two COD exceptions, the price of PC games has not changed much over that time. Most games are still around £35-£39.

For A-10C I paid $59.99, plus a trip to a major city near me, roughly an hour's drive each way. I didn't know about the beta, or would have bought it online much sooner. I only found out about the sim right at release, and bought it the next day, it was only in the one store in my area. The joke's on me for not checking to see about online purchase, and the news release I read made no mention of it.

I was pretty disappointed that after going through the trouble to buy on release day, that I was excluded from the NTTR map, but not going to go into that here, water under the bridge.

I think the price for the F-18 is a bit high, but I think that is a reflection of the number of hours it took to create. I pretty much expected it after reading all the dev posts on it over the past couple years. They had to create whole new systems on each end to make it work.

We are getting the advantage of some of those systems in other modules, including updates to older ones, in the near future so I am not complaining.

If anyone thinks it is too high to buy, then just wait a bit, ED is great about having sales. Compared to the price it would be in that "other" high fidelity sim series, it's already a steal.

$02.3 per day since Nov 2010 for my A-10C. Still flying it after all these years. I expect it and the F/A-18 will keep me entertained for many more.

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

$02.3 per day since Nov 2010 for my A-10C. Still flying it after all these years. I expect it and the F/A-18 will keep me entertained for many more.

I quite often run the instant action missions just to keep my hand in. I still love the Warthog and it has been rewarding since the first beta, hell don't forget for a time we had the Nevada map too for our dosh :)

In fact we got NTTR for free as early adopters I just remembered YAAAY even better value :D

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With inflation running at around 2% a year, your $59.99 would be inflated by 20% which gives a direct comparison price wise of $71.98.

So in real terms you're paying just $8.02 more than you paid then.

If you factor in all the additional systems available in the F/A-18C like the helmet aiming system, carrier capability, extra weapons systems, and afterburners, I'd say as a defence buyer you'd consider that lot for $8.02 per airframe a real bargain!

That was by far the most expensive game I ever purchased up to that point.

Same here. An iconic product of ED Team! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds