2.5 working mod must-have list

dmatsch

every time we get an update, I have to scour the forums to find the unit templates mod and others.

May we please begin a master list of working 2.5 must-have mods?

For instance:

Realistic Unit Templates

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/136413/?sphrase_id=9795862

I can't live without this one. Does anyone know of an updated/better version of this?

every time we get an update, I have to scour the forums to find the unit templates mod and others.

May we please begin a master list of working 2.5 must-have mods?

For instance:

Realistic Unit Templates

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/136413/?sphrase_id=9795862

I can't live without this one. Does anyone know of an updated/better version of this?

Are you using JSGME or OVGME? Could help you not having to reinstall the mods after each update.

thanks for the helpful feedback. Been using JSGME, now using OVGME. Recently, I had to burn down my PC and I don't have any local mods any more.

What I was looking to do is start compiling a list of working and new mods for 2.5, beginning with the one in my OP.

thanks for the helpful feedback. Been using JSGME, now using OVGME. Recently, I had to burn down my PC and I don't have any local mods any more.

What I was looking to do is start compiling a list of working and new mods for 2.5, beginning with the one in my OP.

I like this idea also. I have a ton of old mods and don't have the time to go and test each one. A list of mods that have been tested to work on 2.5 would be nice.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

My Mods work under 2.5

SU-57 Pak Fa ( The Pak Fa Project)

Su-7 Fitter

Mig-23 98.

They are found on User files section and are best to be installed in your saved games folder instead in order to work.

C:/user/yourname/savedgames/dcsopenbeta/mods/Aircraft,Create a mods folder if you don't have one.

exactly, Snacko. Thank you.

I have a ton of mods for 1.5 and 2, but I wanted 2.5 on a fresh machine, so I burned it all down.

Here's another one:

SweetFx/Reshade. Verified working on 2.5

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201579&page=3

You mean something like this?

It doesn't have everything, but it is compartmentalized if there are certain things you do not want to turn on. Always open to adding things.

Also, Reshade 3 is out so I would suggest using it instead of 2.5 as Reshade 3 includes SweetFX.

Here is a link to the thread here on ED.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195640

Edited by M0ltar

thank you moltar. this is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for in this thread. My dream is to have my very own sticky someday...

are the mods in the link to your reddit page all working in 2.5?

The whole thing works in 2.5.

• Like 1

I was meaning to test the Wreckage Burn time mod. Is that necessary now in 2.5? I have not had it installed and remember seeing tanks smoking for a long time. But I didn't really do a test..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download