EDM plugin / edModelViewer

unfortunately useless without tutorial
Nobody can provide you a full tutorial. A lot of people who created mods also didn't have any tutorial. Also available a general FAQ by luckybob9. Try it and learn it. If you have a question I try to help you.

Racer told me when I first started 3D modelling that he wouldn't help me after I asked him. Said deep water was the best way to learn, and learn I did. Self-teaching really is more rewarding in the end because you figured it out on your own, with your own research. Of course there will always be questions you simply can't answer yourself, and that's when you reach out. Otherwise, just start clicking buttons and see what they do, search Google for tutorials... There are a lot of resources out there, you just have to look.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Is there any guides, or at least a push in the right direction on creating a ground object that will engage an air target? Is there a way to look at existing game objects and modify them for use with a new object?

Generally the model making is not different with 3DS Max for DCS than other games. Only the ED model exporter plugin, and texture settings are different. If you familiar with the 3D model making you will able to create and export your model in DCS if not you need to take some basic courses with 3D Max. The existing game object can't be modified with 3DS Max due no EDM import plugin is exist.

• ED Team
Generally the model making is not different with 3DS Max for DCS than other games. Only the ED model exporter plugin, and texture settings are different. If you familiar with the 3D model making you will able to create and export your model in DCS if not you need to take some basic courses with 3D Max. The existing game object can't be modified with 3DS Max due no EDM import plugin is exist.

Well I guess its not so much the modelling I am asking about as it is once the model is in how do you make it "alive", if it has a gun, you want it to fire etc.. Was wondering if there was info on how to get started on learning to do that?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Racer told me when I first started 3D modelling that he wouldn't help me after I asked him. Said deep water was the best way to learn, and learn I did. Self-teaching really is more rewarding in the end because you figured it out on your own, with your own research. Of course there will always be questions you simply can't answer yourself, and that's when you reach out. Otherwise, just start clicking buttons and see what they do, search Google for tutorials... There are a lot of resources out there, you just have to look.

Great quote to go along with what you said Blaze is “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”

• Like 1

:D

Is there any guides, or at least a push in the right direction on creating a ground object that will engage an air target? Is there a way to look at existing game objects and modify them for use with a new object?

sure, once people start writing guides for it. as of now, people just want to keep it a secret so(in the view of one member), only the "1337" people get to mod. i think there's a more practical reason. they just don't enjoy writing tutorials. i think someone will eventually do it. after i get 3dsmax, and figure out how to mod, i might do it.

sure, once people start writing guides for it. as of now, people just want to keep it a secret so(in the view of one member), only the "1337" people get to mod. i think there's a more practical reason. they just don't enjoy writing tutorials. i think someone will eventually do it. after i get 3dsmax, and figure out how to mod, i might do it.

Nonsense, a guide is being worked on by luckybob. In the meantime if others could figure it out you can too.

Nate

only the "1337" people get to mod.

1F W3 k4n d0 17, 50 k4n j00!

Like Nate said, I am working on a few guides. But all the information is out there. I dont understand why you keep saying the tools are useless or people are keeping secrets. Just create a model like normal, then use the FAQ I wrote for the EDM specific stuff. If you looking for a tutorial on basic modeling...thats not what I am creating. Half of everything is trial and error anyways.

1F W3 k4n d0 17, 50 k4n j00!

Took me 10 minutes to figure this out...wow im getting old. Annddddd I cant rep you for it. meh

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

as of now, people just want to keep it a secret so(in the view of one member), only the "1337" people get to mod.

No, you just have to be willing to work to learn and teach yourself. Nobody is beholden to teach you how to do this very complicated and time-consuming stuff, especially if you don't ask nicely or in a way that presents no return value to that person.

Like these two posts:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1460247&postcount=1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1460215&postcount=19

Demanding things and expecting people to drop what they're doing to help you is not going to get you anywhere.

Hope this helps.

No, you just have to be willing to work to learn and teach yourself. Nobody is beholden to teach you how to do this very complicated and time-consuming stuff, especially if you don't ask nicely or in a way that presents no return value to that person.

Like these two posts:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1460247&postcount=1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1460215&postcount=19

Demanding things and expecting people to drop what they're doing to help you is not going to get you anywhere.

Hope this helps.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to aaron886 again."

Shucks. :)