DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

In addition to the laser targeting pod update, I also expect the cockpit to be brighter in version 2.5.6. In the daytime, the cockpit is too dark, I can hardly see the button:(

The night lighting (which was major lighting problem to solve) is not yet released and you all jump out with improving the next thing. I mean you did not even see the changes guys!

Besides you might want to reconsider what you ask for. Realistic cockpit lighting where you see both outside world and inside pit at the same time in high contrast conditions might not be possible with current hardware and gfx engine. We'd need HDR display and more color bits in rendering engine. We did have HDR years ago as a workaround and it was quite good looking tbh but nowhere near as realistic as we have now.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the briefing BIGNEWY

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Hi all,

Just to keep you all informed,

we are planning for the end of the week for the patch, however we do have some last minute issues to work out.

thanks

The communication is appreciated BIGNEWY!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

That, along with speculating about upcoming aircraft and complaining about the current state of the aircraft they have. Perhaps even sometimes they fly their aircraft, but that's not confirmed yet

And what about all the coach pilots? Especially in the WWII stuff, reading some coments they speak like if they were flying their K-4s defending the motherland until the last minute.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

And what about all the coach pilots? Especially in the WWII stuff, reading some coments they speak like if they were flying their K-4s defending the motherland until the last minute.

Is this still DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread or Im missing something? ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Is this still DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread or Im missing something? ;)

Yea, context in which the comments are made.

Additionally, we are all pretty much treading water, so to speak, till there are new patch notes to discuss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• ED Team

It is.

A reminder for all, please keep discussion here for patch notes, I will delete off topic posts.

We are still planning for a patch at the end of the week, however we have some issues to resolve before we can. We will let you know more soon.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2.5.6 when to update. I'm putting it off right now

You will know when 2.5.6 is released, by either an Eagle Dynamics newsletter, official update statement, or when you open DCS it will pop a message up on the main menu stating that 2.5.6 is available for update (most likely if you are using OpenBeta). Or lastly, if you have the updater check each time you boot DCS, then it will ask you. Other than that - everything else will be conjecture.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

Hi all,

Team are preparing the patch for today, it is a large one so might be slightly later in the day than usual.

When we are ready we will post the change logs.

Thank you.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all,

Team are preparing the patch for today, it is a large one so might be slightly later in the day than usual.

Thank you.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Being on the east coast of Australia that will probably mean 3-4am Saturday morning here. I am so looking forward to what ED brings to the core features of DCS World in 2020. Bring it on. :cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Hi all,

Thank you.

Thank you, now ladies, dont mess this post with your mental straws :thumbup:

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Hi all,

Thank you.

Valentines DCS update :cheer3nc:

... thats better then 100 cards in the post !

Intel Core i7-12700K CPU @ 3.61GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTC 3060TI, X-56 HOTAS, Triple TM MFD Cougar custom built LCD set, TrackIR 5,

:thumbup:

Bring it on baby!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It is.

A reminder for all, please keep discussion here for patch notes, I will delete off topic posts.

We are still planning for a patch at the end of the week, however we have some issues to resolve before we can. We will let you know more soon.

thanks

Nice to see you have kept your diplomatic head all these years mate. I despaired reading the previous 10 pages of posts :)

Looking forward to the update thanks for the information

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Nice to see you have kept your diplomatic head all these years mate. I despaired reading the previous 10 pages of posts :)

Looking forward to the update thanks for the information

Thanks and no problem, we hope you will all enjoy this first version of 2.5.6 later today. :)

hardworking devs

DEVELOPERS AND THE REST OF THE ED STAFF!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

What is ridiculous is the people who are not appreciative of the hard work and dedication you all are putting into this SIM. Each month the sim experience gets better and better. Sure, there are a few bugs that get missed here and there. However, when they're critical - you guys are on point and quickly get the resolution out to the community.

ED/DCS World has given me the opportunity to create a fun YouTube channel with content that I enjoy and have an extreme interest in. The complexity and realism the sim provides is so awe inspiring when you stop to think that this is still only a small glimpse into the world of real aviators and military operators. Without your efforts, we'd still be on "the other guys simulators" which simply don't make par.

I have said it before and I will say it again. You all are doing a fantastic job. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass some of these features are to develop and then listening to 'some people' complain that your efforts aren't good enough. That has to get hard to read/hear after awhile. I'm pretty sure I speak for the MAJORITY of the DCS World community when I say Thank You for all that you do! Keep up the great work and we'll continue to be patient and appreciative.

We are all very excited about the features that we have been made aware of. Have a great week guys/gals!!

- OverKill

here here well said.:thumbup:

Hi all,

Thank you.

Patience of a saint.

"Hey we got a job for you, update and moderate the patch thread 15 times a day".

"Gents, it's been nice knowing you...", picks up rifle, salutes and earns medals.

Does this mean there is terrain updates because that's normally the reason for size?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team

Does this mean there is terrain updates because that's normally the reason for size?

Yes we have some terrain updates, including those cheeky flying cranes :)

Patience of a saint.

"Hey we got a job for you, update and moderate the patch thread 15 times a day".

"Gents, it's been nice knowing you...", picks up rifle, salutes and earns medals.

I am a software developer, so believe me, the release day is hell for everyone involved, including people who have to deal with the angry mob that does not comprehend nor appreciate the work involved.

By "big" he means that the patch has many changes and not its size in MB :) (It can still be big in size but that is not the cause that ED is delaying the release, unless ED has bad internet :D).