RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

Damn, just heard the news.

I met Jim briefly at a show in Bristol demonstrating the Black Shark Beta - I remember thinking how accurate his credited title of "Flanker Champion and True Believer" was! A great loss - my most sincere condolences to the team and his family.

I regret I haven't been able to read all the tributes yet, but I look forward to doing so and hope there'll be a fitting memorial.

Rest in peace.

Mein aufrichtiges Beileid an seine Familie.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse please my bad English. Write please slowly, so that I can understand you.;)

I7-X980Extreme*18GB*Zotac GTX680-4GB*27"+3 10"Touchscreen, TM Warthog

A loss of a beloved person is painful and tragic for all of us. What I learned is: The dead do not suffer, the living do. When we look back, our friends live on in our memory. That means it is up to us to remember how they lived and what they achieved in their life. It is upon us to remember the brightest, most beautiful and happy moments in there life and share them with the living from time to time, so the dead are never forgotten.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Jim and Dee.

Although I only knew you for a short time you both made a Lasting impression on me. It is hard to believe that only last summer we were all enjoying each others company at Duxford. Thank you so much for the hospitality that you showed me there.

Jim thank you for all the work you put into making the flight sim community what it is today.

Rest in peace.

Javelin

Usually the quietest person in the room is the one with the most experience and the loudest person is the one who just thinks he is.

I’m deeply sad to have lost my dear friend Jim. Rest in peace, a part of my heart goes with you.

Jim was a great man. One of a million. One of those charismatic persons that soon makes you realize that you have just met someone very special, someone to admire and to make you will his friendship.

Can’t avoid the tears in my eyes when I think of the moments I spent with him at Duxford, where he kindly attended me, making me feel like at home, the long chat and talk sessions we spent discussing the Mustang flight model that Dmitry “Yo-yo” was wisely developing. I will always appreciate that he chose me and trusted in me to conduct extensive tests of the Mustang flight model, I’ll always be very grateful to him in many ways.

He was a man in love with aviation and a devoted professional. He was also very proud of his father, test pilot of the Sea Fury, airplane for which he had a special affection, maybe someday we’ll get a DCS model of this airplane in his honor.

I still can’t believe he’s gone… He will be irreplaceable, and he will always be in our hearts.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

RIP Jim.

:cry:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

RIP. Mr. Mack.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

R.I.P Sir, thank you for everything you've done to allow myself and many others to be priveleged to enjoy the best fighter simulations ever to the consumer. S!

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

My deepest condolences Matt. I was hoping to meet him at Duxford sometime in the near future and had no idea of his condition. Please pass on my condolences to his family, Nick, and those at Eagle Dynamics.

He was a visionary for the flight sim community.

A toast to the father of Flanker and DCS!

Sincerely,

Mark

My condolences to the family and friends. RIP Jim

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Thank you for everything Jim. Rest in Peace.

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

RIP Jim. Thanks for being integral in the development of this amazing simulator series.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|