BF Vs. CW Spit

I have been trying to compete against the AI Spit with CW (I only have the difficulty on Good).

We can mere head on and the Spit has time to turn around and catch up while I continue on in a straight climb. I can't outturn, out-climb, or outshoot it. I could be a mile away retreating and the spit catches up in a minute.

Im also getting sniped from .5 miles away.

Is it a futile effort?

The AI has been quite a sniper lately, in all planes. They snipe you from long, long distances...not a welcome change.

Yeah it wasn't too bad not long ago. With the Spit cannons there is no chance. Luckily I havent had much trouble with the Mustangs.

Against AI, yes. They use a different flight model and well...cheat.

Against AI, yes. They use a different flight model and well...cheat.

I'd suggest braving the WWII online servers and go against players.

Yes I really need too. I've been playing DCS single player ground pounding for 3 years and have only put in 20% of my time into cold war A2A. I am slightly worried that WWII online is going to be mostly populated on the new map with assets which I don't have.

This might be help you that's different approach...

Yes, getting altitude on him while turning definitely helps. Trying to climb straight on was working. If I stay under him he just loops over and behind me.

Thanks guys. Ok it seems mostly to be the FM. I should only expect a fair fight in multiplayer.

Yes the AI does use a different FM but it's actually good practice for flying cleanly IMO. I haven't flown since the CW spit was introduced but the non clipped one you could outturn even on excellent if you manage your energy well and use some flaps.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

The AI has some unreal advantages. In addition to the aircraft's seemingly unlimited energy and manoeuverability, the AI pilot never blacks out. So I give it some handicaps to balance the equation. Spit has 100% fuel, I have only 60%. The AI has incredible SA, so I have the benefit of labels. And the AI skill level is only Average.

Even so it has become real hard since the last update, and I don't see a difference between IX and the new CW version of the Spit. I tried 3 times today and won twice.

My experience: It's essential to not get caught at low energy with the Spit in your six. If it gets behind you, first priority is speed, and when the distance becomes safe then gain altitude as an additional energy reserve. When you have enough distance and altitude turn gently and manoeuvre to get behind, converting altitude to speed to compensate for the speed loss from turning. And you may have to repeat this until you get into his six.

I attach a track of my 3rd fight today.

Bf-109 vs Spit LF Mk-IX-CW.trk

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5